Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

In Search of a Good Beginner's Yoga DVD

Any suggestions?

Replies

• dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    oh! If you don't absolutely need it to be a dvd, I highly recommend the Yogamazing video podcast on iTunes. It's free, and Chaz does a new "episode" every week
  • I went to my local library and got "yoga for wimps" it was challenging initially but really got me into the idea of doing yoga often.
  • I agree with sweetsapphire the library is amazing. You can get so many workout dvds or even workout books. If you don't like them then you just return then and you didn't have to pay for them. I recently got a yoga book from the library it's called Slim, Calm, Sexy Yoga by Tara Stiles. It was awesome it shows you yoga positions explains how to do them and at the end of the book it has sections for weight loss and it will tell you which positions to do for that etc. I seriously recommend it.

Good Luck
  • Our library loans out workout DVD's for 3 weeks straight, that way you can really figure out if you like them (then renew for another 3 weeks) or go out and buy if you love it. It's an effective tool. I like the DVD's a bit better than the books for yoga though because i forget when it breath and they kind of tell you when to inhale and exhale. Who knew breathing was such a difficult task!?!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    I had never done yoga before in my life and I got the Jillian MIchaels Yoga Meltdown. It has 2 levels. Love it. I'm totally not graceful and not especially flexible but I survived it and am continuing to do it, so that's a plus!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Biggest Loser has Weight Loss Yoga, which is good. I started with Prevention's Better Belly Yoga. Really gentle, but effective.