UGH

Options
I've been at 185 for so long and I keep losing and gaining 2 pounds.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no suggestions here...I am doing the same thing...
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Really step up the water and exercise for a few weeks and see if it helps?? It's hard to stay motivated when that happens though :grumble:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Same here. And after as many smaller plateaus that I've hit along the way, I don't have many tweaks left to try. But I'm working on not just getting a certain number of calories a day but also the right amount of protein, fiber, fat, etc. I've been on this plateau since May 17th, and it's really p*ssing me off. But we'll get through it eventually.
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been at 185 for so long and I keep losing and gaining 2 pounds.
    Any suggestions?

I was doing the same thing for months UNTIL I started on here. I found out that I was NOT eating enough and my body seemed to be going into hibernation. Now with MFP I find that I needed to eat MORE to burn the calories I was taking in....

Another suggestion is to maybe change up your cardio work outs. Cross training sometimes jump starts the muscles movin' again and burning. You didn't say if you weight/strength train or not... if not, I suggest you give it a try, if you do make sure you change up your routines...

These are just suggestions I found work for me....Good Luck !
  • Windress
    Windress Posts: 22
    Options
    Unfortunately, your situation is pretty common, and determined by a whole host of factors. Some are obvious (caloric intake, types of food eaten, amount of exercise completed), and some are not (genetic body type, age, medical conditions, hormonal balance in your body).

I'm not sure anyone other than a qualified nutritionist can give you trustworthy advice, but if you would like to elaborate on what your daily plan for weight loss is, I'm sure some of us could offer suggestions! One thing I can say is to not feel discouraged. The body plateau's sometimes in weight loss, because it is relearning how to use the energy that you are giving it in the newly active lifestyle that you lead. It can take alot of time to really get permanent weight loss, but that's why quick-loss diets never really work.
  • steffae
    steffae Posts: 47
    Options
    Unfortunately, your situation is pretty common, and determined by a whole host of factors. Some are obvious (caloric intake, types of food eaten, amount of exercise completed), and some are not (genetic body type, age, medical conditions, hormonal balance in your body).

I'm not sure anyone other than a qualified nutritionist can give you trustworthy advice, but if you would like to elaborate on what your daily plan for weight loss is, I'm sure some of us could offer suggestions! One thing I can say is to not feel discouraged. The body plateau's sometimes in weight loss, because it is relearning how to use the energy that you are giving it in the newly active lifestyle that you lead. It can take alot of time to really get permanent weight loss, but that's why quick-loss diets never really work.

Well, I've lost 10 so far and that came off easy. I've been eating between 1200-1500 calories a day, and I don't go to a gym. I either dance i my house, do yoga or go for walks because I have a knee injury. I am honestly really debating on joining a gym though.