It's hard to feel beautiful when you're not how you want to

deenanna
deenanna Posts: 39
edited 2:24PM in Introduce Yourself
People say I'm cute, I'm pretty, even that I'm skinny. I don't believe any of it. I don't care what they think. I want to find myself attractive. I want to be healthy and fit. I want to be a role model and Inspiration for those around me.

Replies

• jeffwalsh
    jeffwalsh Posts: 32 Member
    I hear you. Throughout this journey though, I have realized just how good looking I am. Not only that. I have realized just how far I have come. Just how much I can do. I now have self confidence that I have never had in my life. Just because you're not at your goal, or how you want to look at this moment, doesn't mean you cannot enjoy who you are. I still have 25lbs to lose until I'm at my goal weight and I looked in the mirror the other day and though, "damn. I'm hot!"

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we can have goals and aspirations to where you want to be and what we want to look like, but that doesn't mean you can't love yourself for who you are now :). Sometimes you need to tell yourself that you're beautiful and worth it in order to believe it yourself. Because everyone is beautiful!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    maybe you all ready are. I bet all those people have been telling you the truth and you have to look at yourself through their eyes. Continue to make improvements to be the person you want to be but also give yourself credit for your accomplishments.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Even if you were a troll (and I know that you are not), you can be a role model and inspiration to others. So keep getting fit and healthy and people will admire you for it. It takes a lot of resolve and discipline and will power to accomplish healthy fitness!

The more you say that you're 'ugly'.... the more you will feel that way. :grumble: Would you speak to others the way that you put yourself down? :devil: Probably NOT. Make friends with yourself. The Universe/God is sending you people to tell you Who You Are and you keep saying 'NO'. :brokenheart: Stop it!

I think it is time to listen to what others are saying and receiving it as the truth. Your perception may be OFF. I don't know about the people in your world, but I don't give compliments to make someone 'feel good'. I give them because it is a TRUE statement. :blushing:
This discussion has been closed.