Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    edit for double post
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If your dog isn't up for the walking ... try checking out your local SPCA or Humane Society. They're always looking for volunteers to clean the cages and walk the animals and play with them...

My dog is old and really can't go for walks with me (as much as he wants to)... but I use a DVD 4 Fast and Firm Miles by Leslie Sansone. I got it for about $12 on Amazon.com.

I also saw that Amazon now rents movies/exercise videos straight to your computer. You can try that out to see if that works for you.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=walk+off+the+pounds&aq=f

It's free. It's indoors. It takes only minutes. It's right in front of you. You can start now.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Walk in place, march in place, jog in place, move your legs from side to side, kick your legs with the opposite arm going out forward at the same time. Alternate doing all of these things for 30 minutes or so. These are some of the exercises off of Walk away the lbs DVD's.

You can do your own exercises. As long as you are moving, getting your heart rate up and sweating you are burning calories. You do not need any kind of exercise equipment, dvds, gym memberships etc.

Walking is one of the best things to do even if you have to do it in place in your house. Put some music on and get to moving.
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    thanks everyone