Should I be tracking by pounds or inches?

kristyfiddes
kristyfiddes Posts: 7
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
I've always been heavier than I look. I'm 5'5" and 203 pounds currently but you wouldn't guess it at all. I've seen pictures on here of girls 20-40lbs lighter than me and I'm smaller all round. So I'm beginning to think that I have an athletic body (heavy build). It's the only conclusion I can think of. I do a lot of walking and my stomach is pretty muscular as are my legs, so is that what's giving me that extra weight without showing? If I went by charts and what other people at my weight look like there's a big difference. It's just getting me down tracking pounds and never loosing anything; either putting more on or staying neutral.

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    i track by pounds , inches and most recently started body fat %
  • hollyyoung71
    hollyyoung71 Posts: 70 Member
    I like to track by inches.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Track by any means possible. It will help down the road. I weigh and measure like crazy. :)

EDITED TO ADD: I also carry weight well, apparently. I think it just means we have more visceral (internal) fat strangling our organs. Pretty dangerous.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    I track both pounds and inches. (It's especially beneficial to do this when the scale doesn't move.) Some weeks, I'll have lost no weight at all, but I'll have gone down a couple of inches. Give it a shot.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    I track both. There are some weeks where my weight hasn't really moved, but I've lost a handful of inches. And vice versa.
  • I agree with keeping track of inches and pounds. The scale may not show all your hard work but the inches will and that will keep you going.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    As many have said, both and body fat % as well if you can find a way to measure it that works for you.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    again track as many ways as you can because if and probally when you hit a plataux you will find it helpfull to see the inches still moving whilst the weight stays the same !!!!
  • Okay that really does help a lot because I've been tracking my weight for a while now and growing more and more depressed that nothing has been happening.
This discussion has been closed.