Best vitamins to take?

Options
I've been on a vitamin kick lately and wanted to know which ones are best for me and my weight loss journey? I'm currently taking a One-a-day women's multivitamin but am not sure if I should be taking others?

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    All pills I take have to be crushed or chewable, so when it comes to vitamins I take the following:

Morning: Chewable multivitamin (Centrum)
    Evening: Chewable Vitamin C and a Chewable Calcium + D Supplement (Viactiv)
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    You should definitly check with your doc first. Vitamins and any meds you take can have serious side effects when mixed together and you can OD if not careful!! I take several supplements including a daily, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Iron and Potassium as well as an Acai Berry mixture. I feel much better! I am iron and Vitamin D deficient, so these made a HUGE difference in my energy levels.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a nutritionist and she recommended organic vitamins (more expensive, but better absorbed by your body). This is what she recommended I take for my weight loss journey:

AM-Multi-vitmain, b-complex, probiotic, flax seed

PM-Fish oil, vitamin D

The brands I take vary by what's on sale, but usually I use New Chapter or Shaklee.
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    I take those also ,plus one a day metablosim
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I get most of my vitamins from what i eat but i do take 1,000 IU Vitamin D-3 per day, if you work inside alot and dont get enough sun, it can slow your metabolism down
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Prenatal Vitamins. Cheap, effective. I used to take individual vitamins of B6, B12, potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin C, COQ10, D, Omega-3, Omega-6 and Evening Primrose Oil. I felt better when I took individual vitamins because they were better absorbed by the body, rather than "packed" into a multivitamin. BUT taking that many pills got annoying. Really Really annoying.
    I find the Target brand Prenatal Vitamins are almost :wink: as equally effective. Plus they have more folic acid than regular multi-vitamins, a great benefit for younger women!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I take the Centrum A to Zinc (this is the only vitamin that I have found does not cause constipation for me because of the iron that is in vitamins) and Fish Oil Lemon flavor(love the Carlson brand):bigsmile: