sad day, and I munched on the wrong stuff :(

Options
So I found out my cat has cancer and I am really upset about it- I cant really cry at work in front of my clients so instead I bought a soda and M&Ms and got a Lean Cuisine pizza (I know its a lean cuisine, but still, its not the best choice) so apperantly I eat when Im sad and need to stuff it.

Good opportunity for insight but it still doesnt change it, I just didnt realize I actually did that.
boo. not a good day

Replies

• pinkyjane48
    Options
    So I found out my cat has cancer and I am really upset about it- I cant really cry at work in front of my clients so instead I bought a soda and M&Ms and got a Lean Cuisine pizza (I know its a lean cuisine, but still, its not the best choice) so apperantly I eat when Im sad and need to stuff it.

Good opportunity for insight but it still doesnt change it, I just didnt realize I actually did that.
    boo. not a good day
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that... I have a kitty who gets sick and has broken my heart numerous times... so I know how hard it can be. (((HUGS)))
    I think most of us are emotional eaters...
    When we are upset it's ok to let ourselves feel it... but when it comes to the paths you choose to let out your emotions, be sure that you choose things that will, indeed, make you feel better and not feel worse. For a lot of people, eating those bad foods will make them feel even worse! If that's the case, try taking a nap, reading a good book, mediating, going for a walk, getting a professional massage... something that will make you feel good (and for some the food WILL make them feel good without the guilt, and if it's for a day or two it's not going to ruin life).

I wish you the best.
  • aliciavasq
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your cat, I work for a veterinarian in Alameda, CA so I see terrribly sad stuff all the time and it sucks. If you ever need to talk or have any questions you think I might be able to answer for you message me. As for your eating just count it as your cheat meal for the week, dont dwell on it or it'll happen again. As I said if you need to talk let me know. :flowerforyou:

Alicia
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    Thanks Alicia, I am really greatful to you for that!

And you guys are right, its only one day. Plus I can still eat a healthy dinner, so I dont have to write off the calories for the day...

**putting away my soda***

Love this community!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i remeber when i had to put my cat down because she had luekemia...... :brokenheart: ........... come to find out she had it from birth, the breeder i got her from apparently didn't have the parents vaccinated........ gggrrrrr :mad: , a couple weeks later my other cat passed away from a :brokenheart: , they were really super close. so i know how you. good luck and i hope things will start looking up for your furry friend. :flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your kitty! *big hugs*

It's sooo hard when pets get sick or die, but the most important thing is how we treat them while they are with us. They know we love them.

I know how it feels to want to eat from sadness. Don't feel guilty about it, it's okay to cheat a little bit sometimes, especially when you're feeling down. Just try and make better choices now and don't let the fact that you made a few bad choices turn into more bad choices. :flowerforyou:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, a couple of days ago, we had to put our seven year old cat to sleep because he had lymphoma. It is the hardest decision to have to make, but he was suffering. I am completely heartbroken and devastated :cry: :brokenheart: :cry: :brokenheart:
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))