STUCK NOT LOSING WEIGHT

Options
2»

Replies

• enana88
    enana88 Posts: 17
    Options
    Try resetting your goals. It still could be set for your 170 pound body when you are 140. Also, when you are that small, it will come off more slowly and that's ok. They say this is a marathon not a sprint.

Doesn't it do it automatically? I'll check my settings though. I know it's suppose to be like a marathon and not like a sprint but it's just that im anxious to lose the last pounds im aiming for :wink:
    Nope it doesn't automatically reset. Weird huh? When you bring up your goals it will put the number in the box for you but you have to click the button.

it is weird! but I already checked my settings and it still gave me the same calories to consume! so i dont now if its doing it correctly?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,240 Member
    Options
    Are you doing strength training? Your goal might not be at whatever lb you choose, you may not look like how you woul d want too still. so start with muscle training to get your shape in gear.

No, i don'tdo strength training. What kind should i be doing?

There are a whole bunch of ways you can strength train. I have heard good things from other on New Rules for Lifting for Women. Since you don't do any strength training now, I would suggest start with a body weight exercise program. I have one an my blog here for beginners http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rileysowner/view/beginner-focused-bodyweight-workout-102072
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,240 Member
    Options
    Try resetting your goals. It still could be set for your 170 pound body when you are 140. Also, when you are that small, it will come off more slowly and that's ok. They say this is a marathon not a sprint.

Doesn't it do it automatically? I'll check my settings though. I know it's suppose to be like a marathon and not like a sprint but it's just that im anxious to lose the last pounds im aiming for :wink:
    Nope it doesn't automatically reset. Weird huh? When you bring up your goals it will put the number in the box for you but you have to click the button.

it is weird! but I already checked my settings and it still gave me the same calories to consume! so i dont now if its doing it correctly?

You are already at 1200 and that is as low as you likely should go. I actually would suggest eating more, but at the moment you are not eating the 1200. Just so you know some long duration exercises will suppress appetite. That means that even if you are not hungry, you have to eat to fuel your body processes and burn the fat.