what exercise works for you?

Options
it could literally be anything from running up and down the stairs everyday to taking long strolls.
What works for me is taking my dog on long and fast walks every morning and using a fits ball, seems to give me better results then going to the gym...

What exercise works best for you??

Replies

• Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I find squats at the gym to be really effective along with running.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS at the moment, and that's great for toning, but not losing. I walk miles and miles and that's my losing exercise - if I stop walking, I stop losing. I like to aim for about 9 miles a day at the moment, broken into 2 lots, and that's doing me just fine :)
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing the 30 DS but I kickbox 3 times a week which I love. I also went swimming this morning for the first time in ages and really enjoyed it.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Static trapeze class has really given me results. it's also motivated me during the week to do exercise I'd never have considered doing; chin ups, pull ups, etc.
  • fkdanons3nse
    Options
    I do all kindsa stuff at a gym and its all working so far, swimming is great though and jump rope!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Cardio for me, I use the elliptical trainer and the bike mainly at the gym, although did my first spin class yesterday and LOVED it!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Tai-Bo/Kickboxing. Great!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Bikram "hot" yoga, but i'm working the long walks back into my routine. I think I got my best fat burning results from just regular walking everyday.
  • srb1990
    srb1990 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS at the moment, and that's great for toning, but not losing. I walk miles and miles and that's my losing exercise - if I stop walking, I stop losing. I like to aim for about 9 miles a day at the moment, broken into 2 lots, and that's doing me just fine :)

i agree...i try and walk as much as possible, i feel its better for me then running coz i give up running but i can walk forever :D
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Curves and Walking has done it for me.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Lunges really never disappoint! I've also added hip extensions, which are amazing at shaping! Weights are a surefire way to look awesome and lean, too.
  • srb1990
    Options
    Bikram "hot" yoga, but i'm working the long walks back into my routine. I think I got my best fat burning results from just regular walking everyday.

hot yoga?? whats that? it sounds interesting... and yh i agree with the best results from walking
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Hi everyone! (Total newbie this week)

I've honestly found swimming does it for me. I've been swimming all week and I just feel it as a good, well rounded excersize.
  • srb1990
    Options
    Cardio for me, I use the elliptical trainer and the bike mainly at the gym, although did my first spin class yesterday and LOVED it!

i did my first 2 weeks ago and although it was touch it really works...i was sweating 2 days afterwards though i think it gave my metabolism an amzing kick :D
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    30 day shred changed my body a bit but i ate back the cals and i only lost the 1 lb a week because that was what i choose for my diet. I am doing ripped in 30, pilates, zumba, on different days, right now and not eating back all my calories, since Tuesday's weigh in the scale is down 2 lbs.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Turbo Fire has worked the best for me. But I also jogging the track
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

hot yoga?? whats that? it sounds interesting... and yh i agree with the best results from walking

It's 26 basic hatha poses done in a hot room with a bunch of other people. Think of it as isometric circuit training in a room heated to 105 degrees. It's great all around exercise and your body will get strong from doing it.
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the following cardio machines: elliptical trainer, walking on the treadmill at an incline, and the crossramp machine.