Halloween Costume?

Options
My oldest DD (9) will be a fairy. I bought large butterfly wings for her, and she will wear a dress - put sparkles on her face, and do her hair. Easy!

My middle DD (7) wants to be a polar bear (she always picks something totally random - two years ago she wanted to be a fruit bat :noway: ), so (once again) I'll be making her costume. :grumble: She'll carry around a stuffed-animal fish - it should be cute (if it turns out the way I plan.) :laugh:

My baby (DS - aged 4) will be Batman (of course - he's a total BOY). He so skinny, and it's funny to watch him "flying" around the room, feeling like he is 40 feet tall, and inconquerable. :heart: Adorable!

I just LOVE Halloween! :bigsmile:

What will you or your kids be this Halloween?

Replies

• MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My oldest DD (9) will be a fairy. I bought large butterfly wings for her, and she will wear a dress - put sparkles on her face, and do her hair. Easy!

My middle DD (7) wants to be a polar bear (she always picks something totally random - two years ago she wanted to be a fruit bat :noway: ), so (once again) I'll be making her costume. :grumble: She'll carry around a stuffed-animal fish - it should be cute (if it turns out the way I plan.) :laugh:

My baby (DS - aged 4) will be Batman (of course - he's a total BOY). He so skinny, and it's funny to watch him "flying" around the room, feeling like he is 40 feet tall, and inconquerable. :heart: Adorable!

I just LOVE Halloween! :bigsmile:

What will you or your kids be this Halloween?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    My dd (6) is being Ariel, red wig and everything.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm confused . . . what to DD and DS stand for? And, I've seen DH around, too . . . eh?! :huh: :laugh:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have no children... haha and its the way I like it!

but I was Medusa last year one of the nights and it was awesome....my hair is wickedly curly and so i just froed it out (hince the name Mufasa) and I had maroon hilights...oh yeah it was rocking

and then at work I was a supersized Betty Rubble... I think I passed the height limit but oh well hahaa
  • MFS27
    Options
    I'm confused . . . what to DD and DS stand for? And, I've seen DH around, too . . . eh?! :huh: :laugh:

DD = Dear Daughter
    DS = Dear Son
    DH = Dear (Darn - depending on your mood :laugh: ) Husband

....just internet lingo :wink:
  • MFS27
    Options
    I have no children... haha and its the way I like it!

but I was Medusa last year one of the nights and it was awesome....my hair is wickedly curly and so i just froed it out (hince the name Mufasa) and I had maroon hilights...oh yeah it was rocking

and then at work I was a supersized Betty Rubble... I think I passed the height limit but oh well hahaa

I LOVE the Medusa idea - totally cool! I should dress up too - but just can't seem to figure out something for myself :laugh:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    ds - darling son
    dd - darling daughter
    dh - darling husband

am i right? :flowerforyou:
  • MFS27
    Options
    ds - darling son
    dd - darling daughter
    dh - darling husband

am i right? :flowerforyou:

You are! :wink:
  • Flocker
    Flocker Posts: 35
    Options
    No kids but I'm going to be an old-timey vampiress. I have an old bridesmaid dress that is black and I'm putting a red and black corset over the top. Easy peasy! :wink: And of course, the fangs!:laugh:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The baby is going as shrek. My oldest want to be Micheal Myers, and my middle child a superhero or other. We haven't got their costumes yet, so I'll be the mom who's running around trying to bribe them to wear whatever is leftover at the store!!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    My dd is going to be an angel. She is wearing her flower girl dress from my BIL's wedding, so all we need are wings and a halo. Having a heck of a time finding angel wings this year...lots of fairy wings, but no luck so far in finding white ones! (And sadly I am not a crafty person!)
    My ds (at the moment the d stands for :devil: ) is going as Spiderman. Was hoping he could actually go as a :devil: but no luck in finding a toddler size costume.
    I guess it doesn't really matter what they dress as, we all know they are only in it for the candy anyway! :laugh:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Here's my little bubby boy in his costume...

Pics086-1-1.jpg
  • MFS27
    Options
    My dd is going to be an angel. She is wearing her flower girl dress from my BIL's wedding, so all we need are wings and a halo. Having a heck of a time finding angel wings this year...lots of fairy wings, but no luck so far in finding white ones! (And sadly I am not a crafty person!)
    My ds (at the moment the d stands for :devil: ) is going as Spiderman. Was hoping he could actually go as a :devil: but no luck in finding a toddler size costume.
    I guess it doesn't really matter what they dress as, we all know they are only in it for the candy anyway! :laugh:

:laugh: We did that last year - used a bridesmaid dress for an Angel costume (an expensive Vera Wang dress - I figured it should go out with a bang, since it was not going to get worn again :laugh: ). Sure enough - it came home dirty, torn and ready for the Goodwill! We found angel wings at a Spirit Halloween Store (do you have one near by?) They were large, with white feathers - really nice wings.

I also had a hard time finding a Batman costume small enough for my son (he's 4, but a SKINNY 4, and wears 3-4). Again, the Spirit store was the only place that carried 3-4 costumes. Whew!
  • MFS27
    Options
    Here's my little bubby boy in his costume...

Pics086.jpg

Now THAT is too frickin' CUTE - I just want to squeeze him! Awwwwwww....:smooched:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    He came out almost life-size! Yikes! I made it a little smaller. :laugh:

Edit: And thank you!
  • stephanieo78
    Options
    My lil girls are dressing up too:) Rose age 3 will be a rocker girl hehe:)
    And, Violet age one will be a leopard kitty with whiskers and all:)
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    For Halloween, my husband and I are going to wear football jerseys, our 7 week old daughter is going to be a football, and our 2 dogs are going to be refs. We're not going to go around getting candy because our daughter is obviously too young and I'm trying to resist. But we're going to go see the grandparents and great-grandparents, while we're dressed up.
  • amycakes812
    Options

:laugh: We did that last year - used a bridesmaid dress for an Angel costume (an expensive Vera Wang dress - I figured it should go out with a bang, since it was not going to get worn again :laugh: ). Sure enough - it came home dirty, torn and ready for the Goodwill! We found angel wings at a Spirit Halloween Store (do you have one near by?) They were large, with white feathers - really nice wings.

I also had a hard time finding a Batman costume small enough for my son (he's 4, but a SKINNY 4, and wears 3-4). Again, the Spirit store was the only place that carried 3-4 costumes. Whew!

Oh! Great idea...forgot all about Spirit Halloween! I've checked everywhere else it seems. I will be making a trip there this weekend.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    My son is going as the clown from Stephen King's "IT".
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My son is going as the clown from Stephen King's "IT".
    OMG! Freaky!! :laugh: :laugh:

You guys are so fun!