Tryin to not be sad...........

Options
Two week ago my childern and me came home too find my little dog dead on our sidewalk. Come to find out a pitt bull that lives down the street got off his chain and killed 2 dog one being mine. Raider was a weinner dog. And the best dog ever. he was seven years old and my kids have grown up with him. So for the last couple of weeks my girls and I have been so sad and cried a river, anyway have not felt like exercising so today I got myself back to the gym so for that I'm proud. :brokenheart:

Replies

• canawoman
    Options
    Two week ago my childern and me came home too find my little dog dead on our sidewalk. Come to find out a pitt bull that lives down the street got off his chain and killed 2 dog one being mine. Raider was a weinner dog. And the best dog ever. he was seven years old and my kids have grown up with him. So for the last couple of weeks my girls and I have been so sad and cried a river, anyway have not felt like exercising so today I got myself back to the gym so for that I'm proud. :brokenheart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. My aussie got loose a while ago, and we were blessed to get her back. I had to go to doggie court to pay the tickets ($300!)

Anyway, I had to sit there for 3 hours as person after person tried to fight their ticket for dogs on the loose. I think they call it dog at large...anyway. Some of these dogs did serious harm. Biting people, attacking dogs on leashes, killing rabbits...all sorts of horrific things.

Not ONE person stood up there and took responsibility! Not ONE! Everyone had some sort of lameo excuse and EVERYONE was deemed GUILTY by the judge, and ordered to pay the maximum fine.

I found this for you. I pray GOD brings you the right doggie for your family, but until then....
    0002020E.gif
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    That's soo horrible.....poor puppy:brokenheart: I feel for you!!! That would be nasty to come home and find your beloved friend dead on the sidewalk
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, I'm so sorry to hear that. My dog is a part of my family and I would lose my mind if something like that happened to her. Please show yourself some grace and allow time to heal. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry.
  • WShope
    WShope Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    SO sorry for your lost. I've just recently gotten a puppy. he's 7 months old. We lost our beagle last year on September 29th. He was 16 years old! Glad you were able to get back in the gym. That must have been a challenge. My prayers are with you.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am so sad for you & your family. I hope there is some kind of justice for you.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Oh that is so awful Im' so sorry :brokenheart:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I'm so sorry for you. :brokenheart: I have always had cats and one got hit by a car. He was an amazing cat, too. Really terrible to come home and find your friend is gone. It is so much worse when it is unexpected and in a terrible way like that.

Good for you for doing what you need to do to take care of yourself right now. :flowerforyou: It is really important to take care of yourself when you are dealing with a big loss.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    How sad. I hate when other peoples dogs come in my yard. Your poor kids.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I teared up reading your story! I have a dachshund and I'm so sorry for what you and the kids are going through. Do give yourself time! There is a season for everything- take time ((((Hugs))))
  • canawoman
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated..
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    When the time is right (and God knows just how to do this) the right four footed family member will find your family. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :sad: I'm sorry you've lost a member of your family so tragically. :brokenheart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!