MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Dee- you were absolutely right! Trying to reach too many goals was just making me crazy and I wasn't getting any success! ChaLean is awesome! It's definitely hard work but it feels good! Maybe because for me sweating feels good. I know...EEWWWW!

I am seriously considering dropping the gym membership and doing chalean with my existing zumba and pilates classes. Of course, I may start easier and do the 30 day shred with the hubby first. Would chalean replace the weights I lift for upper and lower body?

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, had a blah day. Did zumba toning DVD so that makes two zumbas and three things this week. Still working on goal four, but getting better at healthier high calorie meals. Swearing off the Chinese after today.

Kris, way to go on the walk and water!

Dee, while I don't know your hubby's situation, I'm certain he's glad to have you. I am amazed that you meet your goals everyday.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Lady G (AKA Lisa) :wink:

You are a sweetie, but I meet my goals after I play the disappearing act a week or two. :-( When I don't come here, it is almpost sure to be beacuse I am BEING A VERY BAD GIRL!! umph........... I just get so busy then I don't think about myself.

This MFP program is so wonderful and all of you (especially my bud MAK) keep me in line when I can't think for myself. :-(

My hubby has been very ill and going downhill the last 4 years. He was recently dignosed with CRPS(complex regional pain syndrome) AKA RSD. :-( he is not able to work so I am the provider for us. I teach preschool and get laid off over the summer. It really stinks!! My hubby is from The Netherlands, so there are a lot of other issues. He was going through Citizenship when he took ill. He has NOT worked long enough in the USA for him to collect disability.

Oh my, so sorry. Today I have been crying the blues and you asked. soooooooooo maybe u will understand that I am a stress eater. :-( I am also POA for my mom in the Nursing Home and she ha a lot of Health Issues.

I am usually happy & upbeat, and focus on the positive things. Soooooooooooooo for today, we will THINK POSITIVE!!

:smile: BOTH MY MOM & HUBBY ARE STILL ALIVE! My hubby got new therapy this week and is actually doing his homework today and seems happy doing it. His pain is not as bad as yesterday and he is talking a lot about what he is learning. (shhhhhhh I have been telling him for months to do much of what they are doing with him, but I am NOT the professional) LOL Just have common sense. LOL:wink:

Don't overdo it Lady G!! BUT DO, DO IT!! :flowerforyou:
  • jsw27520
    jsw27520 Posts: 16
    Options
    I like this idea!! I need to see some results FAST and by that I mean recognizing the small things instead of focusing on the BIG thing. My week starts on Monday and I pretty much started over this week because I have gained 10lbs since joining MyFitnessPals. My goal for this week to to track my food (ALL OF IT) every day. So far, so good. I may not stay within range but at least I'm going to be accountable. Baby steps :tongue:
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Dee, I can't imagine and you have a right to have down days. That's when you find your support system to raise you up. :) and look at the bright side, when you do come back from me time, you come back and get lifted up. We all need to take time to get out own buckets refilled before we can fill someone else's. Remember that even on you "bad" days and maybe you won't have to have so many. Support systems can work wonders for the soul.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Dee, I can't imagine and you have a right to have down days. That's when you find your support system to raise you up. :) and look at the bright side, when you do come back from me time, you come back and get lifted up. We all need to take time to get out own buckets refilled before we can fill someone else's. Remember that even on you "bad" days and maybe you won't have to have so many. Support systems can work wonders for the soul.

I couldn't agree more! The support on MFP is amazing I know I would not have been so successful with my weight loss without my MFP friends. And it's not just becuase they lift me up but it gives me the opportunity to lift others up, which I must admit I enjoy doing. Plus I've met some wonderful people on this site.

Goal Check in for Wednesday.
    1. Week 5 P90X & get a couple bike rides in. Maybe 4? Got my Am P90x workout in. Today was Chest, sholders and Triceps and ab ripper X. My peck muscles are SO sore this evening... Sadly no extra workout today.

2. Drink all my water - I got all my water in today :)

Hope everyone is working hard on those mini goals. Keep up all the hard work!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    well over caqlories 194 :cry:
    water 9 glasses
    no walk today:cry::cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Good work everyone!!

Lisa I had been drinking 12-16 glasses of water earlier this year but now my job is so busy I answer a phone line and finding time to pee is difficult with phone ringing nonstop so I have backed way off my intake durring working hours and struggle to get enough when I get home.

Dee I am glad hubby is at least taking the advice of the professionals if he wouldn't take it from you. Prayers for good results although physical therapists are ++Evil++ :devil: just my experience.. HAHAHA:laugh:

OMA keep up the tough workouts!!!

JSW welcome!!!

Mak you are a great peep squad thanks for the support!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I like this idea!! I need to see some results FAST and by that I mean recognizing the small things instead of focusing on the BIG thing. My week starts on Monday and I pretty much started over this week because I have gained 10lbs since joining MyFitnessPals. My goal for this week to to track my food (ALL OF IT) every day. So far, so good. I may not stay within range but at least I'm going to be accountable. Baby steps :tongue:

WELCOME JSW :flowerforyou:
    Jump in, so what if it's the middle of the week!! it will get you going and psyched for a NEW WEEK!!
    As you can tell, I NEED my wonderful group of supporters!! I am sooooo lost & alone without them.

I do hear ya on gaining the 10 pounds, ummmmmm you are not alone!! Guilty Here!!

Getting the habbit to do that food journal really is the key!! GREAT START!! GOOD LUCK!! :drinker:
  • missdeehere
    Options

Lisa
    Thanks for giving me water in y eyes! ;-) You are soooooo right!! I hope I can help encourage you as much as you did for me.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    well over caqlories 194 :cry:
    water 9 glasses
    no walk today:cry::cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Good work everyone!!

Lisa I had been drinking 12-16 glasses of water earlier this year but now my job is so busy I answer a phone line and finding time to pee is difficult with phone ringing nonstop so I have backed way off my intake durring working hours and struggle to get enough when I get home.

Dee I am glad hubby is at least taking the advice of the professionals if he wouldn't take it from you. Prayers for good results although physical therapists are ++Evil++ :devil: just my experience.. HAHAHA:laugh:

OMA keep up the tough workouts!!!

JSW welcome!!!

Mak you are a great peep squad thanks for the support!!

Kris
    You do GREAT with your water!! I can't imagine not being able to Potty.. I would be wearing DEPENDS!! LOL
    Work extra hard tomorrow. I know I have to since, I did NOT do my exercise today. although maybe if you sneak something in now, it will make up for going over your calories. ;-) However, tomorrow is another day. :wink:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Geeze, I just realized after I read your post Kris, that I didn't do my 30 minutes of exercise today. And I was over in my Food Diary.

Wellllllllll it's 10:30 PM and I am off to get on my BALL ........RIGHT NOW!!

POSTING MY RESULTS NOW CUS I COMPLETED MY JOURNAL!!

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Journal it! ♥♥♥♥ YEPPERS
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥♥♥♥ GETTING ON THE BALL RIGHT NOW
    3♥Daily Check-in!!! ♥♥♥♥ YEPPERS

I PINKy SWARE!! :bigsmile:
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Dee- you were absolutely right! Trying to reach too many goals was just making me crazy and I wasn't getting any success! ChaLean is awesome! It's definitely hard work but it feels good! Maybe because for me sweating feels good. I know...EEWWWW!

I am seriously considering dropping the gym membership and doing chalean with my existing zumba and pilates classes. Of course, I may start easier and do the 30 day shred with the hubby first. Would chalean replace the weights I lift for upper and lower body?

I cancelled my gym membership today! With all the options I have available I just couldn't see paying for it anymore, especially since I rarely get time to go anyway! I was actually doing the 30DS when I first heard about ChaLean. I had done 3 days and 5 days later I was still in too much pain to do much of anything! Tried out the ChaLean the day after I was functioning again and yes, I was sore the next morning but not in pain. I don't believe pain is a good thing. It would definitely work in place of the weights because you use the amount of weight that's right for you plus you're own body weight and resistance.
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Well after seeing how hard everyone is working I went down and had a long talk with mr tredmill. I put in 3 miles 61 mins workout sweating like crazy a felt like I smelled like a gorilla barn. :love:
    Affter putting so many :sad: I thought I better get my butt in gear
    :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Well after seeing how hard everyone is working I went down and had a long talk with mr tredmill. I put in 3 miles 61 mins workout sweating like crazy a felt like I smelled like a gorilla barn. :love:
    Affter putting so many :sad: I thought I better get my butt in gear
    :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Kris
    SO DID YOU MAKE ALL YOUR GOALS THEN? I AMSOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

I TOO PUT MY 30 MINUTES ON THAT BALL AND THOUGHT ABOUT YOU!!

See what a great support group can do? I am so BLESSED to have you all!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: WE DID IT KRIS!! :drinker: :drinker: WE SURE DID IT!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:yawn: NOW WE WILL SLEEP GOOD!! :yawn:
  • missdeehere
    Options

I cancelled my gym membership today! With all the options I have available I just couldn't see paying for it anymore, especially since I rarely get time to go anyway! I was actually doing the 30DS when I first heard about ChaLean. I had done 3 days and 5 days later I was still in too much pain to do much of anything! Tried out the ChaLean the day after I was functioning again and yes, I was sore the next morning but not in pain. I don't believe pain is a good thing. It would definitely work in place of the weights because you use the amount of weight that's right for you plus you're own body weight and resistance.

Oma
    As much as I would LOVE to join a gym, I know I can't afford it right now. BUT we do have so much access to weight loss tools if we think about it. I have a dwawer full of DVD's I don't use. :-( If I would walk daily for a month, that helps me!!

IT'S THAT EXTRA PUSH OUT THE DOOR THAT I NEED!!

Keep up the good work!! PS, I do believe it's past your bedtime though!! But I forgot where you are coming from so we could have Time Difference.

:flowerforyou: GREAT JOB TODAY LADIES!! PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK!! :flowerforyou:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Are your excuses holding you back from losing weight? Start to recognize the fear behind your excuses. Your excuses are a way of protecting yourself from life. Food and weight will not protect you from the pain of life.

SO I FOUND THIS TONIGHT WHILE DOING SOME READING ONLINE. THINKING MAYBE THIS IS MY PROBLEM. I CONSTANTLY AM MAKING AN EXCUSE FOR BEING FAT OR NOT LOSING WEIGHT OR FOR STAYING AWAY. :-( BUT as much s I have Faith, I do think I often let the pain in my life take control of me.

hmmmmmm, did I just make an excuse?
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Report Day 4:

Goal 1: Do scheduled exercise daily-ChaLean Xtreme, and elliptical on ChaLean off days
    Today's exercise was completely surrounded by kids and dogs! chasing dogs, tug of war with dogs, and pushing kids on new swing for hours(literally hours)!
    Goal 2: Get to bed on time every night! That's by 10pm Sun-Thur, by midnight Fri&Sat(ok, not so strict about the weekend!)
    Ugh, didn't get to bed until after 1 am!
    Goal 3: Same as before- a few steps further than the day before based on pedometer!
    1st day steps: 4715 Day 2: 7278 Day 3: 6921 (oops) Day 4: 7398
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Report Day 4:

Goal 1: Do scheduled exercise daily-ChaLean Xtreme, and elliptical on ChaLean off days
    Today's exercise was completely surrounded by kids and dogs! chasing dogs, tug of war with dogs, and pushing kids on new swing for hours(literally hours)!
    Goal 2: Get to bed on time every night! That's by 10pm Sun-Thur, by midnight Fri&Sat(ok, not so strict about the weekend!)
    Ugh, didn't get to bed until after 1 am!
    Goal 3: Same as before- a few steps further than the day before based on pedometer!
    1st day steps: 4715 Day 2: 7278 Day 3: 6921 (oops) Day 4: 7398

GREAT JOB INCREASING THE STEPS THERE OMA!! :drinker:

Hope you have a GREAT day and ENJOY those grand babies. I bet they just adore you!! Cus I do!!

Here's hoping you make an earlier bed time tonight!! I will soon add that to my list of goals. I am out of control with my bed time and going back to work in SAugust will be WILD!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Where is everyone today????? Out walking?? Ball Games?? Gym?? Good for you all!!

:smooched: Hope everyone had a FANTASTIC day striving for reaching your goals!! :smooched:

I had another productive day!! Got out early and got my walk in. My hubby is supposed to take small walks as part of his therapy, so he joined me my first 5 minutes. :-) It's a start!!

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ 3 for Me¸¸.♥
    Justifying July

1♥Journal it! ♥♥♥♥ had leftovers!
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥♥♥♥♥ 30 min walk
    3♥Daily Check-in!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ I'm here!!

Have a great evening everyone!!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    well 1 mile walk this evening, 20 mins. 10 cups of water, but way over on calories.
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Finally made it kayaking:happy: I am so excited. I hope I can move tomorrow:blushing: My daughter and I did a little over an hour and my shoulders and arms are feeling it. It was so nice to get out there and do it! Everyone is working really hard this week, WTG!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wow, today flew by.

Kris, understand the lack of potty time. When school starts back in the fall, I'll drink 3 cups from my water bottle from wake up to drive in, pee before the kids start coming in and then slowly sip another three before lunch. Given I have an active bladder that may be over kill, but we will see. The goal is at least two water bottles before heading home.

Oma, you're right. The shred came in today and I'll try it this weekend. I too don't want any pain. I've had enough PT in my life. Chalean and turbo fire should arrive next week. I'm looking at doing the hybrid. What weights are you using?

Dee, I'm sure there will be a moment when my bucket needs refilling. You guys have been great so far. I'm sad that the week is ending. Work that ball girl!

Did zumba today, after Saturday that goal will be done. Also did a decent job of eating my exercise calories back healthy style today. Yay salt free almonds!