Screaming children, crabby hubby, and a pint of ice cream

Options
2»

Replies

• MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I feel for you and I LOVE anything with peanut butter!! I have three kids but my two youngest 5 and 6 years old drive me sometimes to want to eat as well. However, my fridge has boycotted my @ss since I abandoned him a couple weeks ago since I have joined. I emptied him out of all the unhealthy stuff so I would not get tempted so now he is crying foul! I replaced the full fat for a lowfat ice cream with Splenda just for added insurance when I get really stressed or hot from the heat. I do try to snack more on baby carrots, pita chips I toast in my toaster oven and I dip them in hummus which is a better alternative to junk I guess. Good luck and if ya crave PB try adding just a 1/2 Tbs. of it to a lowfat cup of milk with some hersheys chocolate syrup and ice for a chocolate pb milkshake without too much fat! Just an idea! <3
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my weakness, among others. So, what I have done as a matter of self-preservation is to become the ultimate ice-cream snob. If it's not PERFECT, as I define PERFECT - I don't want it. It has to have the perfect texture (no crystals at all), the perfect taste (not too sweet, not too bland), the perfect color, the perfect creaminess, the perfect ratio of condiments (oreos, chocolate, strawberries, ect).

If not, I'm not intersted. I'm a SNOB!! A spoiled rotten, obnoxious snob.

Wendy's Frosties - yuck, horrible texture in my book - crystals - reject.
    DQ - ice cream is too watery. No creaminess
    Blue Bunny - nope, not creamy enough, texture is passible - but not good enough for the snob.

Haagen Daz, Ben and Jerry's, Dove and Godiva - they work. But at $5 a pint; they are a "treat" I buy on purpose; when I have the calories pre-budgeted. Thus, I have defeated this weakness; and reward myself with the OCCASSIONAL dish of perfect ice cream.

FYI - Bang for the buck, at 390 calories for a BIG serving; it's hard to beat Costco's Very Berry Sundae.