Switching gyms for a Shake up!

Options
I am sick of my gym, haven't been there in a month. I run outside since its beautiful out and have been doing squats/pushups/pilates/Insanity reruns for strength training. Truthfully, I am bored with all the classes/equipment. I have done PT, Total Body Sculpts, and my own weight training. I need a shake up...looking into switching to a gym in this area that has a boot camp class I can take weekly and trains Ironman/Strongman contestants. They have tires to flip...I want that challenge! I don't want to become a female strongman myself, but I need a challenge that will make me stronger and help tone more than some body bar ever will! Anyone else (women esp.) ever felt like your gym just wasn't giving you that extra push anymore to be your strongest?

Replies

• Bunnzye
    Bunnzye Posts: 39
    Options
    I hope my daughter doesnt read this, she probably wont understand, but I was feeling the same way. I've been going for two months and it seems like I'm bored with it. I know what I'm going to do before I even walk in. Its a sweating routine, sure, but so is what I do at home. I have lots of tapes and DVDs that I like but I have a heel spur and end up doing the last half of my tapes in the chair as chair dancing (still sweat!) I do the Tony Little Gazelle, some other old school thing that rides like a horse - health rider -, doorknob ropes, pulley ropes - I have a skew of stuff that I use. I'm glad to hear someone say what I was thinking. I wont stop going to the Y because I am getting better form since I've been going, and I can work out without strain on my heel, and I like going, but I sure wonder why its boring now. Thanks!
  • Slparsons27
    Options
    I love my gym (Life Time Fitness...most likely the reason I work there part time too). I've just started boot camp & it's amazing. I work out on my own too, which is good for the days that I don't have boot camp. I don't know what your area is, so I don't think if it's there, but we're nationwide, so probably. Boot camp & membership dues are a little pricey, so it's up to you, but worth looking into.