Where do you park?

Options
2»

Replies

• wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If I'm at Wal-Mart, I like to park as far out as possible. More opportunity to view the oddities that way. And before anyone comments negatively, remember I too am shopping at Wal-Mart so I could be viewed to fall into that classification as well.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I almost exclusively park in the "New/Expectant Parents" parking spaces despite not falling into either category.
    -wtk
    My wife would probably give you an ear full for that. That's almost as bad as taking a handicap spot if you aren't.

Except one is illegal and can lead to towing and the other is against a fictional "rule."
    -wtk

This "fictional" rule is courteous to those who are large and have pain while walking ANYWHERE due to the child they are bearing OR have to carry a newborn in a seat after having given birth. Have you endured either? Yeah, you totally suck!
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I almost exclusively park in the "New/Expectant Parents" parking spaces despite not falling into either category.
    -wtk
    My wife would probably give you an ear full for that. That's almost as bad as taking a handicap spot if you aren't.

Except one is illegal and can lead to towing and the other is against a fictional "rule."
    -wtk

One is illegal and one is just a common courtesy. Not a "rule." I hope that one day when you are blessed with a wide and kids that no one takes that spot when she needs it.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I park wherever its wide open, generally this tends to be toward the rear of parking lots. I like the space and to minimalize door dings.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    -wtk

I've totally done this when it's raining ... Some day I'm expecting so it applies. =) Plus 10 years ago these spots were non-existence so tough love right there.
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    oops... *wife
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I just like to park near a cart corral. And a lot of times, I put other people's carts away, too.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    -wtk

-wtk

This "fictional" rule is courteous to those who are large and have pain while walking ANYWHERE due to the child they are bearing OR have to carry a newborn in a seat after having given birth. Have you endured either? Yeah, you totally suck!
    you go, girl
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Since on weekdays I'm at the gym so early in the morning, I do get a parking spot in the actual parking lot. The weekends are a bit harder to get a spot, so I park in the back on a side street.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I park way out, especially if Im driving dh's 4 door Ford dually...I can't park that thing unless I have open parking spaces all around me! :wink: I try an park closer if it's raining and I've forgotten my umbrella.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I park as far away from my building (work) as I possibly can. It takes me a good 15 minutes to walk from my car to my desk.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I always park as far away as possible. I don't trust other people to not hit/ding my car. Also, feel like I'm saving the time it would take to drive around and around looking for a closer spot. It's funny because my boyfriend is the exact opposite, he would rather drive around looking for the closest spot even if it takes more time.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    On the very top floor of the multi-storey car park...then I walk down all the stair-wells and all the way up when I come back.....phew...great exercise for the legs.
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I have found this to be true with many ladies, I won't say all but lots. Women will drive up and down the lanes looking for a close spot to the door, even when there are empty spots at the bottom of each rows with no cars around, they would rather squeeze into a tight spot close to door. No its not raining either. Ladies can you explain why this is ?
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I have found this to be true with many ladies, I won't say all but lots. Women will drive up and down the lanes looking for a close spot to the door, even when there are empty spots at the bottom of each rows with no cars around, they would rather squeeze into a tight spot close to door. No its not raining either. Ladies can you explain why this is ?

I have no idea because I park as far away as humanly possible and I'm a female.

I don't want the bonehead drivers of the Lehigh Valley to smack their door into my car in the grocery parking lot. The few times I've parked really close to the store, inevitably I end up with scuff marks and dings. :explode:

My boyfriend, on the other hand, parks close to the entrance. Humph.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I park far away everywhere (unless it's raining) mostly because I don't want anyone to hit my car ... omg I'm turning into my mother.

Haha I use to do the same. At work, I park as far out as possible in the shade. When going shopping or whatever, I just park in the first spot I drive upon whether its 20 spaces out, or the 2nd space even if its the "new mommy" parking spaces if they are free...(because there is no law prohibiting me from parking there.)