On Vacation in Yellowstone...HELP! :)

Options
Hi all,

I'm new here, been doing great with MFP but today is the THIRD day of our camping trip in Yellowstone and every time my family goes camping we EAT and DRINK like it's going out of style!! I have done very well. Exercised, drank my water, and stayed within my calorie range but I am somewhat discouraged today and "considering" breaking some rules...I really DON'T want to as I REALLY want to reach my goal by my 40th birthday. I KNOW I can do this but ACK!!! I guess I just needed to vent..Thanks so much for your encouragement, support and insight. How do YOU break the old habits and vacation with success?

Thanks all!!! :D

Jeannie T.

Replies

• sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a weekend with my family. I over-indulged a little (better than I would have before, but still bad), and now I feel guilty and full of regret. Haha the Cheetos weren't worth it!

Try drinking water when you want to munch?
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    mostly on vacations I move way more and that covers little splurges. Try to stay on track, you can do it!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You can do this...if you want to! Think about how you will feel if you regain 3-5 pounds you worked so hard to lose and have to lose them all over again. Then think about how GREAT you will feel if you get home and have LOST or MAINTAINED!! You want to eat more? WALK more!! You can have a treat on vacation...I did, every nite for 13 nites...and came home and found I'd lost a pound from all the long walks on the beach that I took. I'm sure there are lots of trails to hike...earn those calories, then ENJOY them!! You can do it...but you have to want to :flowerforyou:
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Can you go for a hike? perhaps an extra long one to help counter the added calories?