Yoga

Options
2»

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I do some most days. I, too, am book taught. I never went into it intending to burn calories. For me, it was always about increasing my flexibility, which I have done.

Oh, and an added bonus is strengthening muscles I never even knew I had.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga. I will do the Wii Yoga, I am actually looking into some "Hot Yoga" classes in my town to see how that goes.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga. I will do the Wii Yoga, I am actually looking into some "Hot Yoga" classes in my town to see how that goes.

Between this, the fitness stuff, and Netflix, I think I need to invest in a Wii.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,787 Member
    Options

Wow! 11 years or yoga?! That's wicked!
    Which yoga did you teach?

BTW, when you practice yoga, how often do you do it? How often do you recommend it to your students?

I registered at the 200 hour level and not in any particular method (most teachers are not registered in any method, the best usually are though), but my style is strongly influenced by the Iyengar method - meaning lots of alignment instructions and props.

I practice yoga 6x a week from anywhere between 1-3 hours.

If you are just starting out, do one pose every day (or 6x a week if you feel you need a day off). When you feel ready to add another pose, do so - even if it takes over a month for you to add another. Your practice will grow naturally that way and will become a habit.

Hope that helps