Main Thing You're Looking Forward to Losing!

2»

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member

If you want a flatter stomach hun, you should be working your legs substantially more than your abs. Weight training and high intensity interval cardio will also go far further towards lowering your body fat than any kind of steady state cardio (treadmill, elliptical, etc).

Read this (I post this link everywhere...but it's because it's a real example):
    http://members.rachelcosgrove.com/public/The_Final_Nail_in_the_Cardio_Coffin.cfm

Cool thank you! I'm just starting out and don't wanna over push myself in the past, but this is very helpful and I will start working up to some high intensity interval training :)
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    my pooch!!! i had surgery when i was 13 and the cut through my abs. since then i have never been able to tone my abs down below my belly button. the upper part i can get pretty tight or at least toned, but anything pasty the belly button is almost impossible to strengthen!!! =[ idk if ill ever get it...:sad:
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    my stomach.... I'm always getting asked if I'm pregnant :( and the second set of breasts on my back.... I can't wear an A-cut shirt!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Cool thank you! I'm just starting out and don't wanna over push myself in the past, but this is very helpful and I will start working up to some high intensity interval training :)

No problem, glad to help.

Also, the reason you work your legs to lose body fat (which reduces belly fat), is that your thighs/legs activate the largest muscles/groups in your body. This burns substantially more calories (and more importantly, releases more fat burning hormones) than working any other muscle group. Full body exercises are more effective than isolations...but never neglect your squats and lunges =D. The side benifit is perking up your rear as well lol. Rarely any complaints about that!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Thighs!! I have good thighs but I don't want them to be as flabby. I'm skinny but I'm kinda too skinny. I do ab workouts a lot and it would be nice if my abs would naturally show.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Thighs!! I have good thighs but I don't want them to be as flabby. I'm skinny but I'm kinda too skinny. I do ab workouts a lot and it would be nice if my abs would naturally show.
This discussion has been closed.