Canadians - Lets Start Something (where do you live)?

Options
goofynat
goofynat Posts: 68 Member
:tongue: Canadians :tongue: - Lets Start Something fun, a spot where we can share Canadian stores, foods, work-outs, and anything else Canadian that will help with our goals. There are some great options that people from other countries talk about that we just can not get here...so do you have an alternative or products that work for you? Where are your favorite parks, sports and things to do?

Who knows perhaps by next summer we can do a few meet and greets, set up some locations across our great country where we can all get together and have a healthy pot-luck or picnic. Perhaps you live near someone else on here and you can get together for a work-out or a walk...

As Canadians we can help eachother get through this together....

Lets start by posting where we live...and who knows we may find a friend...:smile:

Replies

• goofynat
    Options
    I Live in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island.
    Anyone else on the Island?
    cheers ~ Nat :tongue:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Toronto, Ontario!!! :bigsmile:
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Sherwood Park Alberta :smile:
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'm on the island as well, in Victoria :) I really am learning to enjoy some of the areas to bike at, such as the Galloping Goose. Also love the YMCA downtown.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    SK over here!
  • goofynat
    Options
    sweet...I am having issues finding great foods to eat...where do you all shop and what kind of foods do you buy...breakfast is hard for me.
    cheers ~ Nat

And Fayve---There are tons of trails up here and lots of mountain areas to hike...which I love...although not quite fit enough to tackle a lot yet...but babysteps..
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    Calgary, Alberta here! I'd love to get some meet and greets. I think it would be awesome!!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Toronto, but now live in the UK. I'm afraid I can't help out with shop or food tips, but maybe my fellow Canadians can keep me posted on CFL and NHL news!:happy:
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Okanagan Valley (BC) Best place to workout is OUTDOORS!!
  • melpalmer7
    melpalmer7 Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree, if you live in BC then outdoors is the place to be .... !

Abbotsford, BC here.
  • Pipefitter_Val
    Options
    Originally from The Rock, but living in Leduc, Alberta now! :happy:
  • three19
    three19 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Labrador!!! Where getting a variety of choices is a true challenge!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Blackfalds, AB :)
  • goofynat
    Options
    :glasses: What are everyones favorite new snacks?
    - for me it is popcorn
    - frozen bananas for summer
    - dan de pack - rainbow mix (cause you get some chocolate)

:flowerforyou: What is the hardest part of getting healthy for you?
    - motivating myself to go for a walk in the morning....so a struggle sometimes.
    - feeling like all I do is plan and prepare foods (the cost of eating healthy)
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Vancouver BC!

Soo many places to go. I often run in Pacific Spirit Park. Climb in Squamish/Sea-to-Sky corridor. Ski in whistler or cypress. Play tennis in one of the 100+ courts.

The hardest part of getting healthy for me right now is the food. I'm always hungry and I want the "bad" stuff lately.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Originally from Québec City, now in Montreal (didn't go too far - lol). I love to ski! My favorite new snack is dessert tofu - it comes in a variety of flavors.

:smile: :smile: :happy:
  • goofynat
    Options
    Vancouver BC!

The hardest part of getting healthy for me right now is the food. I'm always hungry and I want the "bad" stuff lately.

for me it is also hard, but I love reserching new ways to eat what i like with a healthy spin on it...but yes it is still so challenging.
    . ie: pizza, now I use pita pockets, put crushed tomatos with no salt, and ceggies and chicken...yum.
    cheers ~ Nat :)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Originally from Shelburne Ontario but been living in London, England for the last 8 years. Always looking to hear things from home though :smile:
  • Northern30
    Northern30 Posts: 65
    Options
    Originally from Newfoundland but living in Manitoba.
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Victoria, BC :D I love going to our many parks and beaches. Particularly ones that are dog-friendly such as High Rock Park in Esquimalt, Saxe Point Park and Thetis Lake.