Impatient stage :(

Options
Ugh, I feel like I am trying soo hard and I am not losing enough weight. I mean, I lose maybe like 1.5 lbs a week. But for some reason I am feeling super impatient. :( Tips on how to get through this phase?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Umm.. the recommended healthy weight loss weekly is 1 lb. anything over 2 is very unhealthy...
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm really impatient too.. One thing you can do is set mini goals for yourself so the end goal doesn't seem so far away!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same...I think it's just a phase. Try not to weigh yourself too much and just try to keep going. You have done so well so far, you should be really proud of yourself! Keep doing what you're doing and the weight will come off. It's better if it comes off gradually anyway, but I'm sure you know that. Good luck!
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    I know the feeling well. When I started on active duty status again around March, I was frustrated after 3 weeks of constant running or elliptical machine that I had only lost about 2 lbs. To me, this wasn't acceptable. I became aware that I was building muscle in place of fat, which made my weight loss seem almost non-existent.

I too am impatient in this matter, but keeping a positive frame of mind and talking openly with others helps out a lot too. Do you have a workout partner? Or someone who you talk with openly? My best friend back home (I'm in Afghanistan now) and I keep a tally each week. I also like the idea of setting mini goals for myself. It does make the week go by faster... and here, that's a good thing.

Just keep positive, and don't try to push it. Losing too much too fast can be quite unhealthy for you. I've learned this the hard way, and so now I'm doing my best to grow my patience. If you need someone to talk to on a regular basis, feel free to add me. I've still got about 20+ more pounds to lose while I'm here, and hopefully put on quite a bit of muscle as well.
  • honeyX0
    honeyX0 Posts: 26
    Options
    I feel the same way... I have lost 22 lbs and have a good loss of 1.5-2 lbs a week and still not satisfied because i want it all gone now. I think I am my own worst enemy seriously, I put myself in this position and then won't give myself any credit for actively getting out of it. I gotta get a new way of thinking... it just takes time
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You're doing very well! Don't get discouraged.
  • rocket_scientist
    Options
    I so know how you feel!
    You are doing really great though. Have you thought about doing mini goals that are not so weight related? Like running a mile (or whatever your exercise of choice is)
    Or you could get a mini makeover to make you feel great as you are now
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Chart it! When I get impatient and feel like I'm not getting anywhere it is very encouraging to look back and see the line on the graph dropping (mostly!). I've also done another chart where I just log my weight once a month and that is great to see, it only goes down and doesn't show the small weekly fluctuations.
    I use Track Weight or Target Weight on my iPhone for this.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    lose the scale. measure your self. how do clothes feel now than from back then?
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    We didnt fet fat over night, Patience grasshoppa. Lifestyle changes take months not days/weeks.
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way!! Really wanted to be to my goal of a 50 lb loss by now. I'm at 43 lbs! Trying to remember, sometimes it takes more time.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the advice. :] It's just super annoying everyonce in a while :[
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind, if you lose the weight too quickly, you're going to end up with extra loose skin. If you want to stay firmer while you lose the weight, you need to lose those pounds slowly and steadily. You'll really be happier in the end.