MFP Runners Club 10/23

Options
MargieM
MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
Okay people, this is the third day in a row that I've started this thread, and I didn't even run today! :grumble:

I ended up raking leaves in my front yard for two hours (600 calories gone, bless that HRM! :bigsmile: ) last night and am paying for it today. Sore legs, sore arms, sore wrists, but luckily no blisters. So, I stayed in my nice warm bed and got some extra ZZZZZZ's. Spin class again for me tomorrow morning.
Happy Thursday! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Okay people, this is the third day in a row that I've started this thread, and I didn't even run today! :grumble:

I ended up raking leaves in my front yard for two hours (600 calories gone, bless that HRM! :bigsmile: ) last night and am paying for it today. Sore legs, sore arms, sore wrists, but luckily no blisters. So, I stayed in my nice warm bed and got some extra ZZZZZZ's. Spin class again for me tomorrow morning.
    Happy Thursday! :flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no running for me either. I stayed up late to watch the Phillies WIN! (Ok, I am resting my shin too.)

I will do a yoga class and a cross training class afterwards to make up for not running.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    No running still here for me. I have another PT session, my leg is feeling better already from the stretching she prescribed for me!!

I'm headed to use the elliptical/ swim in a few. I did Shoulders & Arms (P90X) last night!

Jess
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I did p90X shoulders and arms, 45 min run and abs. I also teach spinning tonight and might do a leg workout.
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    No running for me either. Hip still hurts but I will probably try and walk....
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I stayed up late to watch the Phillies WIN!

Hey Sherry - I didn't realize you were also from PA. What part? GO PHILS!!!!!!
  • hessied
    Options
    Ran 7 at the gym last night. At least the Phillies were on the TV to keep me occupied. I'm running another 7 tonight. It will probably be at the gym again. I don't see myself having the time to run outside today before it gets dark. :grumble:

Have a good day everyone!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    What's with every not running today? After staying up to watch the Rays lose :grumble: I got up to run eight miles this morning.

Have a good one!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Still trying to get over the stomach virus. No announcement yet on preggie.

I'm going to probably run tomorrow and Saturday.
  • SherryRH
    Options

We are in the burbs outside of philly. Montgomery county. Where are you located? Sorry runnerdad, there can only be one winner and it will be the Fighten Phils!:bigsmile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

We are in the burbs outside of philly. Montgomery county. Where are you located? Sorry runnerdad, there can only be one winner and it will be the Fighten Phils!:bigsmile:

Yah, yah. :tongue: I was in Boston all last week, and had to listen to that from all the Red SOx fans (and we know how that turned out) :bigsmile: I'm not staying up tonight, no matter what the score is. Late nights followed by long morning runs makes for a long day.
  • hessied
    Options

We're very close! I'm in Bucks Co. - about 15 min from the Montgomeryville mall. Have fun watching the game tonight!
  • SherryRH
    Options

We're very close! I'm in Bucks Co. - about 15 min from the Montgomeryville mall. Have fun watching the game tonight!

OMG, we are near the mall too. How funny is that. I see an MFP meeting in the future.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hey all. I wish i had some running to log.. unfortunately I got BAD news today from the doc on my knee... stress fractures in both!!! I am down and OUT! I am in tears! I was supposed to be in my first 10 k this weekend and a 5k next. now... NOTHING! On crutches until firther notice, no bicycling... I am really worried about weight gain.... I am going to live through you all for a while... keep my spirit running! I want to hear every little detail!!! Go runners!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I just got back from 3.77 miles with my bf. We had a 13:30 pace, so better than normal lol! We talked the whole way again and it was a very comfortable run. Tomorrow or Saturday I will reach 50 miles total, woohoo!

Tweety, I'm sorry to hear about your knees!! Did your doc refer you to a PT or sports med doc? Maybe you can take up swimming for a while. :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Got in 3.75 again. Trying to increase speed so I am doing same distance and pushing it, so far this week I have knocked a minute off but I am hoping for more :happy:
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    thanks. i am seeing a sports med doc. sees alot of our rams players... in st louis... blues guys etc. my trainer sugg swimming so im looking into that for now:ohwell:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey all. I wish i had some running to log.. unfortunately I got BAD news today from the doc on my knee... stress fractures in both!!! I am down and OUT! I am in tears! I was supposed to be in my first 10 k this weekend and a 5k next. now... NOTHING! On crutches until firther notice, no bicycling... I am really worried about weight gain.... I am going to live through you all for a while... keep my spirit running! I want to hear every little detail!!! Go runners!!!

I'm sorry to hear that! Stress fractures in both knees?? Wow! Can you still do some upper body work?? Weights, ab work, that will help you keep active. And swimming is great! I love swimming!

I'm dealing w/ Achilles Tendonitis, so I hear ya on living through everyone else's running!

Take care!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi runners! Well, I got in a 35 min elliptical + 20 min bike this morning and swam 1,500 yds tonight while my dd's were at swimming lessons.

Hope you all had a good one!

Jess
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    Dang, tweety3! That is just the pits!!!! Cut your calories back and do (keep doing) upper body and core workouts that you are able to. Make sure you keep muscles strong where you can. In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing. You will get over it and past it and and move on. I watched a lady lose 30 pounds with a broken foot and she was on crutches so it CAN be done. YOU can do it. Keep posting what you can here and at least you can get your running in "vicariously" from the folks are running.