Pictures of cup sizes..

Options
2»

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Ambiguous post title, I came in expecting something else...

Me TOO :( I was expecting another thread about bras. :smile:

A cup is a large handful
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Me TOO :( I was expecting another thread about bras. :smile:

A cup is a large handful

That's what she said . . .
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    [That's what she said . . .

hahaha
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

LOL!!! I didn't open the thread at first for the same reason, but then I thought "what the hell . . . "

:blushing: I thought the same!! lol So funny !
  • flamnfrekelz
    Options
    I know I sound like an ad but there's an app for that. I use Figwee.

thanks for the advice!!! i am looking it up right now. appreciate you sharing this will all of us!!! :O)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that i thought this was going to be about boobs? lol
  • hopeforsuccess
    Options
    Apologies to those who thought my post would be about breasts:-) I should have thought about that before posting. Thanks for all the advice...I got a download out of it and can't wait to use it (Figwee):smile:
  • hopeforsuccess
    Options
    I know I sound like an ad but there's an app for that. I use Figwee.

the best app is simply a measuring cup.

Yes, but often there are circumstances that don't allow you to pack around a measuring cup. Like eating out.

but if you eat at home most of the time (and even better if you prepare your own food) you should be able to tell, "hey, this is about a cup". it's really not that hard, and i don't mean to sound inflammatory, it's just that apps are not the answer for this kind of thing because it's more than just visual. some things weigh more by volume than other things. some things are more nutrient dense and some are calorie light. when you eat out, you should just eat out and enjoy it because you really have no idea what other people are doing to your food.

the best way to learn this kind of thing is to cook and use measuring tools.

Sorry. I feel like getting beaten down when I was simply trying to let the OP know there was an unconventional tool to help with this sort of thing. I have 4 young kids. I have no choice but to cook at home everyday. I use measuring tools and know what amounts are what. But occasionally the app is useful. I just wanted to help the OP out. Sorry you disagree with my help.

I downloaded the ap and find it's exactly what I was looking for:-)
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Glad it helped you! And for what its worth, I also thought it was going to be a post about bra sizes....'cause mine are disappearing! LOL!
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump
  • mysteryfoxes
    mysteryfoxes Posts: 101
    Options
    bump.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I feel like getting beaten down when I was simply trying to let the OP know there was an unconventional tool to help with this sort of thing. I have 4 young kids. I have no choice but to cook at home everyday. I use measuring tools and know what amounts are what. But occasionally the app is useful. I just wanted to help the OP out. Sorry you disagree with my help.

I'm actually sorry that you feel "beaten down" as that was never my intention. It's just that when you eat out, you should just eat out and you should be able to tell by experience what a cup of something looks like after a while. An app may occasionally be helpful, but it's no comparison to actually being in touch with your food and knowing "a fistful of mashed potatoes is probably about a half cup". I don't disagree with anything, and really, I meant no harm, it just seems that the more we depend on technology to tell us what we should already know, the less we actually know.

here's another good resource: http://www.aarp.org/health/fitness/info-07-2009/Martina_serving_sizes.html?CMP=KNC-360i-YAHOOBING-HEA-FIT&HBX_PK=portion_sizes&utm_source=YAHOOBING&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=portion+sizes&utm_campaign=M_Health&360cid=SI_194874419_320875656_1