Vanilla Crème Pumpkin Cheesecake

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
37563756hgvanillacremepumpkincheesecake2.jpg

The Great Pumpkin!
We're year-round pumpkin freaks, but fall is when all the "normal" people celebrate the fat orange squash. Check out this recipe. It's SO great!

HG Heads Up! You'll need a springform pie pan for this recipe. You can usually find 'em cheapie-cheap at any supermarket.

Ingredients:

For Crust
2 cups Fiber One bran cereal (original), ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor
1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Smart Balance Light or Brummel & Brown), melted & mixed with 2 tbsp. water
3 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1 tsp. cinnamon

For Filling
32 oz. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/4 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

For Topping
3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine all crust ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spray a springform pie pan (about 9" wide) lightly with nonstick spray -- make sure to get the sides as well as the bottom. Then evenly distribute crumb mixture, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crust along the bottom of the pan. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Using an electric mixer set to medium speed, mix until completely blended and lump-free. Pour mixture into the pan.

Bake in the oven for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes, until set. Allow pie to chill in the fridge for at least 3 - 4 hours (overnight is best).

Once pie has chilled, carefully release and remove springform top. In a small bowl, mix all topping ingredients together until thoroughly blended. Spread topping evenly over the pie.

Return pie to the fridge until ready to serve. Cut pie into 12 slices.

MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 160
Fat: 3.25g
Sodium: 579mg
Carbs: 20g
Fiber: 5g
Sugars: 7g
Protein: 15g

POINTS® value 3*

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    37563756hgvanillacremepumpkincheesecake2.jpg

The Great Pumpkin!
    We're year-round pumpkin freaks, but fall is when all the "normal" people celebrate the fat orange squash. Check out this recipe. It's SO great!

HG Heads Up! You'll need a springform pie pan for this recipe. You can usually find 'em cheapie-cheap at any supermarket.

Ingredients:

For Crust
    2 cups Fiber One bran cereal (original), ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor
    1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Smart Balance Light or Brummel & Brown), melted & mixed with 2 tbsp. water
    3 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    1 tsp. cinnamon

For Filling
    32 oz. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
    1 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1 cup canned pure pumpkin
    1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    1/4 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

For Topping
    3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
    1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine all crust ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spray a springform pie pan (about 9" wide) lightly with nonstick spray -- make sure to get the sides as well as the bottom. Then evenly distribute crumb mixture, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crust along the bottom of the pan. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Using an electric mixer set to medium speed, mix until completely blended and lump-free. Pour mixture into the pan.

Bake in the oven for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes, until set. Allow pie to chill in the fridge for at least 3 - 4 hours (overnight is best).

Once pie has chilled, carefully release and remove springform top. In a small bowl, mix all topping ingredients together until thoroughly blended. Spread topping evenly over the pie.

Return pie to the fridge until ready to serve. Cut pie into 12 slices.

MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 slice
    Calories: 160
    Fat: 3.25g
    Sodium: 579mg
    Carbs: 20g
    Fiber: 5g
    Sugars: 7g
    Protein: 15g

POINTS® value 3*
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm a Cheesecake nut. But I like the real full fat deal, can you tell the difference when using all that fat free and artificial stuff? I know it's better for you, but does it actually taste like cheese cake? I'm just asking cause I would like to try it, I'm just scared that it won't be the same.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm a Cheesecake nut. But I like the real full fat deal, can you tell the difference when using all that fat free and artificial stuff? I know it's better for you, but does it actually taste like cheese cake? I'm just asking cause I would like to try it, I'm just scared that it won't be the same.

DITTO :huh: I want the real stuff or at least to taste somewhat the same.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

DITTO :huh: I want the real stuff or at least to taste somewhat the same.

I guess no one will answer us.
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I bet the poster hasn't made it yet, it was in an HG newsletter only a day or two agos. But I mean most lower calorie recipes taste a bit different, so I would just say give it a go. It does still use cream cheese, just a lighter variety.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think I will stick to a smaller piece of the "oh so bad for me" kind!! :wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Yes, I did get this recipe from hungry-girl.com, no I haven't made it yet, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but life happens.