Going to rent a kioske (sp) Today!

Options
Soooo, as many of you know my husband and I (mostly my husband) run a seasonal business in NH. It's a retail store right on the beach. Anyways, usually we have plenty of cash through the summer and fal and then the winter months are pretty lean and then we're completely broke in the spring. This year however we are renting a kioske in the Maine mall! The rent on it is unbelievably cheap b/c of the economy, but my hubby and I are very excited and think that we can make a killing. We're renting it only for the months of November and December and we sell lots of "countryish" stuff. I am so excited about it! I'm finally feeling a sense of relief financially...I just hope everything goes according to plan :smile:
We go today to check out the spot and sign a contract...wish me luck that it's everything I'm hoping it will be! Hope everyone has a fantastic and healthy day!
:flowerforyou: Lauren

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Soooo, as many of you know my husband and I (mostly my husband) run a seasonal business in NH. It's a retail store right on the beach. Anyways, usually we have plenty of cash through the summer and fal and then the winter months are pretty lean and then we're completely broke in the spring. This year however we are renting a kioske in the Maine mall! The rent on it is unbelievably cheap b/c of the economy, but my hubby and I are very excited and think that we can make a killing. We're renting it only for the months of November and December and we sell lots of "countryish" stuff. I am so excited about it! I'm finally feeling a sense of relief financially...I just hope everything goes according to plan :smile:
    We go today to check out the spot and sign a contract...wish me luck that it's everything I'm hoping it will be! Hope everyone has a fantastic and healthy day!
    :flowerforyou: Lauren
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you and your husband!!

Do y'all sell your items any other way, like eBay or an online store?
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    What type of stuff do you sell? Where in Maine do you live. I lived there for awhile when my hubby was in the navy. My oldest was actually born in Ellsworth and he keeps saying he wants to go there and see it sometime. He was only 2 weeks old when we left.

Connie
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Hey again :) We don't do any e-bay or online stuff...we have one store in Old orchard beach, called tate's and one in Hampton beach NH. I wasn't trying to advertise or anything lol just excited!
    We went and saw the kioske and the location in the mall. It is RIGHT on center court which is where they set up the santa for pictures and where they have mini concerts and stuff, we are so excited! :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I know you aren't advertising....I'm just really curious what stuff you sell. It's the shopper in my soul.....:wink:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    lol ok, well we sell mostly country type wooden signs with sayings like "Always kiss me goodnight" and "Live together, die alone" etc etc...and umm...at the hampton store we sell lots of knives and midevil stuff and jewelry. we sell everything! :)