I lost a person????

Options
2»

Replies

• Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your extreme weight loss. Truly amazing. I need to lose a "person" too. lol.

It makes me think of the first season of the biggest loser, you know the one where I would watch the show while eating snacks on the couch wishing I had their determiniation? In that first season about half way into it, they made the contestants strap on a back pack with the amount of weight they had lost to date. Some people where carrying 50, 60, 80 pounds at that point. As if that wasn't enough they had to run around a high school track with their former weight strapped to their back. So picture yourself running around the track with a 126 pound person piggy back. Don't bet yourself up, give yourself credit! You are amazing.
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Awwww honey, what a great post. We often have to remind ourselves about the things we have got and remain grateful and and thankful in the present, NOW. NOW you have lost that whole person you were carrying. NOW you have the knowledge and ability to walk forward with your head held high!! NOW you are HEALTHY and look AMAZING!!!

Sure you want to lose another 20 - 30 lbs, so do I!! But dont let that burden you, or drag you down. Live your life and rest assured that we are going to have a party while we continue this journey.

Love ya, you're beautiful :heart:
    Anna! you knwo I have nothing but love for you MaMi
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Congratulations on your extreme weight loss. Truly amazing. I need to lose a "person" too. lol.

It makes me think of the first season of the biggest loser, you know the one where I would watch the show while eating snacks on the couch wishing I had their determiniation? In that first season about half way into it, they made the contestants strap on a back pack with the amount of weight they had lost to date. Some people where carrying 50, 60, 80 pounds at that point. As if that wasn't enough they had to run around a high school track with their former weight strapped to their back. So picture yourself running around the track with a 126 pound person piggy back. Don't bet yourself up, give yourself credit! You are amazing.
    amazing isnt it?! I dont even think I could bench press 126 so how in the world was I carrying it! Our bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You are rockin' it sista!! Way to go! Thank you for posting this. I also needed a reminder of "where" I came from! Congrats again!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wow. You have accomplished so much! That is incredible. I'm just on my first week (again) back on MFP and am struggling with my own drive, focus and motivation. This story is so inspirational to me. You've lost an entire person! That is so amazing. You should feel so very proud of your hard work and determination! It makes me want to do better and work harder so I will have a similar experience this time next year. Thank you for posting this. Keep that positive attitude! You're amazing.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!!!!
  • smonty88
    smonty88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW just amazing!!!
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Fabulous job!!!!

yeh hem....fab job yourself there! congrats!!!
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Wow. You have accomplished so much! That is incredible. I'm just on my first week (again) back on MFP and am struggling with my own drive, focus and motivation. This story is so inspirational to me. You've lost an entire person! That is so amazing. You should feel so very proud of your hard work and determination! It makes me want to do better and work harder so I will have a similar experience this time next year. Thank you for posting this. Keep that positive attitude! You're amazing.
    the sky is the limit! be strong!
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! Awesome! I'm struggling mentally this morning over not being able to lose the last 10-15 pounds that I want! They're definitely the hardest! A great post to remind me how far I've come!

You're truly an inspiration! Congrats to you on your success! You look great!
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    I want/ need to lose a person too. Great job!
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    I agree...great job!!! One day at a time...if you fall down the point is to get back up. You are awesome:smile:
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Thank you much for sharing your story.. I needed to hear it also... trying not to focus on the huge picture i have in front of me but to learn to celebrate the little things.. Be Blessed and once again GREAT JOB! You Rock Diva!
  • ElaKuz
    ElaKuz Posts: 49
    Options
    This is why I am slowly (ok, maybe head over heals quickly) falling in love with this site!

I have a faith in my journey this time that I have never felt before and whenever I even waiver for one moment I come one here and remind myself that it IS possible....

Posts like yours are the reason I know it will be done this time.
    I will finally conquer this part of my life, 30 years of struggle to want to be something I felt I wasn't, and I will finally have it within a year...

THank-you for opening yourself up to strangers like me, because its reading posts like yours that gets me through the tough times...

Can't WAIT to read your 'I've reached goal' post!
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I am so proud of you....you are truely an inspiration to us all! I cant wait until I lose my other person!
  • laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You DID lose a person. That person who was so unhappy, and look at how far you've come. Congratulations! You are doing an incredible job. What an inspiration!
  • tiffinee
    tiffinee Posts: 6
    Options
    as someone who's just starting out, this post is super motivational! thank you :happy:
  • Fluffy1962
    Fluffy1962 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed to read this! I was sitting here feeling bad about taking 4 months to lose 25 lbs. I was thinking I was way behind schedule. An unrealistic schedule I made up in my mind, I might add! Reading what you wrote gave me that thump in the head that I needed. I need to count my blessings and appreciate what I have accomplished so far.... Thank you again! You look marvelous, by the way! Continued blessing to you!

Carolyn:flowerforyou:
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    This is why I am slowly (ok, maybe head over heals quickly) falling in love with this site!

I have a faith in my journey this time that I have never felt before and whenever I even waiver for one moment I come one here and remind myself that it IS possible....

Posts like yours are the reason I know it will be done this time.
    I will finally conquer this part of my life, 30 years of struggle to want to be something I felt I wasn't, and I will finally have it within a year...

THank-you for opening yourself up to strangers like me, because its reading posts like yours that gets me through the tough times...

Can't WAIT to read your 'I've reached goal' post!
    I cant wait to read my "ive reached goal post" either!!! LOL
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    THATS RIGHT YOU HAVE!~ You inspire me DAILY! I can't say enough how great you've done! (((Hugs)))!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!