Totally frustrated...

Options
jcaa2011
jcaa2011 Posts: 34 Member
So...I just changed my settings to include sugar in my food diary and saw that I am already almost to my daily limit and have only had breakfast! On the other hand, I am low in my calories, fat, sodium and carbs...it's really making me feel like there is nothing out there that I can eat without going over in at least one category! I am sooo frustrated, I thought I was doing well til I saw the sugar intake and now I feel like I'm just back at square one. Really not sure how to solve this problem when there just seems to be something "wrong" with everything I eat! I'm not aboout to give up on this, I'm just at a rough point here and could use some help or information...

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have sugar issues too. I eat 2 or 3 servings of fruit a day and by the time I'm done with that I'm usually over . . . and then I like a treat in the evening. I've made the decision to have it as one of the things that is in my diary, but I don't fret about it. If I start having issues with weight I'll go back to it and reevaluate how I approach sugars, but 75% of my sugars are coming from fruit and other natrual sources, so I've pretty much hit the ignore button on that one.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I agree with Allabtlm. Is there a reason you are worried about your sugar? As long as you are getting them from natural sources I wouldn't stress about it and look to see if there are swaps you can make to decrease the amount.

For me I try to limit sugar but I like my cup of coffee with cream and sugar.. not fake sugar.. real sugar. I can't drink it any other way so that is one thing I will not budge on. If you really feel like it is keeping you from your goals then make some adjustments but in the long run if they are adjustments you can't live with there is no point changing it. You still should be able to enjoy your food!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm always over on sugar also. And usually carbs. My first goal is to really get control over staying within my calorie allowance (e.g. not bingeing or oversnacking) and get most of those calories from healthy foods. When I really feel like I've mastered that, I might go back to trying to lower my sugar/carb intake...but so much is from fruits for me, so maybe not.

I have found that when I am trying to keep track of too much at once (calories, sugar, carbs, plus overall quality of food) I get overwhelmed and frustrated, and end up making worse choices. Good luck!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm also over most of the days, today for instance I'm over already and only had 2 meals... I'm not worried about it though as all the sugars I'm taking are natural I have no refined sugar in my diet and I rarely have treats these days too.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Just to give you some perspective as to why I don't really pay attention to sugars, I've logged all my food for the day (my diary is open) because I already know what I'm having for lunch and dinner. Currently I've only logged 862 calories for consumption today, and I'm over on sugar by 28. I still will have a 600 calorie workout, so I have to figure out how to consume another 800 calories today on top of what I was planning on eating . . . I gaurentee you some of it will be NSA vanilla ice cream and some of it will be wine . . .