PB2 Opinions?

Options
I really want to buy some PB2. I adore peanut butter but it is, unfortunately, very high in calories for the amount. PB2 is a powdered alternative with only 45 calories per serving. Has anyone tried PB2? How about the chocolate flavor? I'm considering on buying the stuff and just want to know if it's any good compared to the regular stuff. I currently have Crazy Richard's peanut butter, but it's a little bit too thin for me. I like my peanut butter thick and creamy.

Replies

• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the chocolate, but I think the PB2 tastes great! ♥Love it!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I really want to buy some PB2. I adore peanut butter but it is, unfortunately, very high in calories for the amount. PB2 is a powdered alternative with only 45 calories per serving. Has anyone tried PB2? How about the chocolate flavor? I'm considering on buying the stuff and just want to know if it's any good compared to the regular stuff. I currently have Crazy Richard's peanut butter, but it's a little bit too thin for me. I like my peanut butter thick and creamy.

It's absolutely delicious and I use it in my protein shakes (you won't tell the difference in taste in the shake). I have only tried the peanut butter only flavor. My friend said she loves both!
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    bumping for later, I was thinking about buying it too!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I think PB2 has a pretty thin texture, not as creamy as I would like :( But it has a really good "peanutty" taste, since it's pretty much just powdered peanuts. Tastes great on toast, etc.

Have you tried Better 'n Peanut Butter? That one has good texture but doesn't taste peanutty enough. So frustrating!!! LOL.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE PB2. At first I just ordered the sample for $3.99 from bellplantation.com to try it, but shortly after using up my sample I ordered 4 jars. I mix it with water, milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc...basically whatever is available. I eat it reconstituted with apples and celery. I also mix it in with protein shakes or plain greek yogurt with a little bit of all naturual vanilla extract. It's very versatile and satisfies my peanut butter cravings without all the calories. I highly recommend it. But, you can do like I did and order the sample first to see whether or not you like it before you commit to buying 4 6oz jars of it. Good luck! =)
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Haha. If you could check out my Diary you'd see PB2 in at least one meal EVERY SINGLE DAY. I love the stuff- I'm a regular customer of theirs, and go right for the 4/1-LB bags... Just wish shipping wasn't so expensive to Canada!!!

The consistency totally depends on you, and what/how much liquid you add to it.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Just found this stuff at my local health food store. I bought both the PB2 and the chocolate flavor.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I ordered a PB2 and a chocolate version and it should be here THIS THURSDAY....can't wait to try it as I am a PB LOVER!! :) Will let everyone know how it is!! :)
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i found mine at the health food store. I'm not a big pb addict, but, it's pretty tasty stuff.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I love it but if you go to bellplantation.com they sell a sample packet for $3.99 plus shipping so you can try both flavors out before you spend more. You may wanna try it I did and I just baught my first package full size.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    For a cheaper alternative, buy peanut flour. No salt or sugar added.
    It's the same thing.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    It's amazing. Pricey, but amazing. I like to add a tiny bit more water to it and use it as a drizzle on top of sugar free chocolate pudding. Or you can mix it into the pudding, add fresh raspberries, nix it up and put it in the freezer for a bit. It's like ice cream! :heart: