Newbie looking for support

Options
sandy729
sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
Hello, my name is Sandra. I have to confess, I signed up on this site a while back but never really kept up with my weight loss goals. My hubby and I are currently going through fertility treatment and I know that we would increase our chances of success if I could just get to a healty weight. They have me pumped up on so many meds, I don't seem to have control over my hormones/moods....I recently started working out everyday to help with my moods and to help me feel normal again. So far so good :smile:

I'm so glad to see that their is a support system here that will help me connect to others on the same journey. :happy:

Replies

• ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    :smile: welcome - this is a great group!!!
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    I did the same thing, I signed up about 2 months before I actually started using the site. Good luck in your journey and hope you get happy news soon!
  • sandy729
    Options
    Thank you so much : )
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is a helpful place for that... keep up the great work to your goals!
  • emilychristen
    Options
    I did the same thing too! I signed up a long time ago and kept up with it for about a week before quitting again. I'm deciding today to start again so maybe we can be each other's support! I know I certainly am going to need a LOT of it. :)
  • change_happens
    Options
    welcome!
  • jparsons27
    jparsons27 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi there! I have loved having the support!

Good luck with the fertility treatments. :flowerforyou: I too am working on getting pregnant (had a m/c just over a month ago).

It is nice to be a part of something where people have the same goal with getting healthier.

You can do it!

Jane
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome! There is a whole support system on here. The people are absolutely wonderful.

Good luck on your journey to become healthy and on expanding your family. :)
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Hey, I joined about two weeks ago and have been keeping up with my calories and exercise. However, only today (by looking online instead of at my iPhone App) did I realise there is a community! It's brilliant to see all these other people who are in the same boat.

My current weight is 161 pounds (I'm 5'5) but I'd like to reach 135 pounds and am currently on the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

Anyway, welcome:)

x
  • jamevans
    jamevans Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck with everything. I am again starting the weight loss journey after my fertility treatments finally worked (yah!!) and I had a baby boy. I know what you mean about the meds and the moods. Good luck with everything!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your fitness and weight loss goals.
  • sandy729
    Options
    For sure!! I really struggle with staying ontop of healthy eating habits. The worst is working my butt off at the gym and then stuffing my face. lol
    I did the same thing too! I signed up a long time ago and kept up with it for about a week before quitting again. I'm deciding today to start again so maybe we can be each other's support! I know I certainly am going to need a LOT of it. :)
  • sandy729
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your m/c. I will keep you in my prayers....Lots of baby dust for the both of us :heart:
    Hi there! I have loved having the support!

Good luck with the fertility treatments. :flowerforyou: I too am working on getting pregnant (had a m/c just over a month ago).

It is nice to be a part of something where people have the same goal with getting healthier.

You can do it!

Jane
  • sandy729
    Options
    Congrats on your baby!!! That gives me so much hope. I've had three IUIs with no success :ohwell:

We are in the process of transferring two embys the first week of August...So I want to get in as much excercise and healthy eating as I can.
  • sandy729
    Options
    Good Luck.. Let me know how the Jillian Michaels' program is working for you.
    Hey, I joined about two weeks ago and have been keeping up with my calories and exercise. However, only today (by looking online instead of at my iPhone App) did I realise there is a community! It's brilliant to see all these other people who are in the same boat.

My current weight is 161 pounds (I'm 5'5) but I'd like to reach 135 pounds and am currently on the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

Anyway, welcome:)

x
  • sandy729
    Options
    Thank you!
    welcome!
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to be for motivation and advice for fitness and weight loss. I'll send a friend request.
  • joburridge
    joburridge Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello from another newbie :)
  • sandy729
    Options
    Hi there!
    Hello from another newbie :)
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options