How to tell what your "firgure" is

Options
2»

Replies

• joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    i am a box! there is a 1" difference between my chest, waist and hips. I am considered an apple though, because all my fat is in my stomach! BOOOO!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    My body shape is, and always has been, curvy (ok, for a while, it was lumpy!). For a long time, I was 36/24/36, right now I am 39/31/40.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm rockin the 36-24-36 hourglass ... only ya gotta add 10 inches everywhere lol I look thinner than I am because of my height, which is nice. I'm actually a little scared to see how my body may change as I lose weight. I like my hourglassiness!
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had a big bust, a little waist, and wide hips, and considered myself an hourglass... When I lost the weight, though, my breasts got smaller than my hips, and now I think that I'm more pear-shaped. I'm not sure, either, I guess! ;-)

I'm REALLY afraid this is going to happen to me. When I was young, I always prided myself on my hourglass - it's a very forgiving shape, and clothes tend to look great, no matter what you put on. After having kids, though, the girls don't have the same umph. I might find myself cycling through ALL of the body shapes to get back to that hourglass. :( I hope I can get there.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Stand infront of a mirror, put your arms out and draw your outline - then see what shape you drew :)

That's a great suggestion.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I've been an hour glass since I first developed in like 5th grade. I've always had a booty and I rock a really extreme hour glass: 40-33-41. But I'm also 5'9" and broad-built.

I'd love to shave off a few inches overall which is my goal.
  • Baker0821
    Baker0821 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm rockin the 36-24-36 hourglass ... only ya gotta add 10 inches everywhere lol I look thinner than I am because of my height, which is nice. I'm actually a little scared to see how my body may change as I lose weight. I like my hourglassiness!

Only if she 5'3 :laugh: Ok, please tell me you got the baby got back reference so I don't sound weird! LOL!!!!!!! :blushing:
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Houglass usually means your hips and chest measurements are no more than an inch different. and 10 inches different between waist and hips. So 36/25/37 is traditional hourglass. A pear would be mor like 36/27/38.

According to this, I'm probably an hourglass (sweet!) but with all the extra weight I'm probably an apple. (All of my weight is in my stomach, really.)
  • PersianFlower
    PersianFlower Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I was fit I was an hourglass, I carried weight well and had a small waist, now that I'm umm MUCH bigger I have a more of an oval shape lol XD
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Only if she 5'3 :laugh: Ok, please tell me you got the baby got back reference so I don't sound weird! LOL!!!!!!! :blushing:

Oh Sir Mix-A-Lot, how I love you! Much to his dismay, I'm 5'11" ... not even close to 5'3" lol
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    http://www.shopyourshape.com/content/view/19/36/

I've used this online calculator before and it seems pretty accurate for my shape.