A questio.....sorry it's a bit long

Options
Hi everyone,

A little history here is I had lost about 53 pounds and then started to plateau. Needless to say, I was frustrated and then I caught a nasty cold. When I am sick, I do not watch my calories. More often than not, I don't eat much anyway, but I figure you should eat what you need so that your body can heal. Without my exercise calories, I know I went over for several days, but not by alot. Well, I gained about 2 lbs back. Some is probably water retention, but grrrrrrr....:grumble: . Now that I'm feeling better, I have been back to the regular exercising and logging in my food. This has been for about 3 days now.

Now, I know that most of you all do not weigh yourself daily, but I do because it keeps me motivated. Yesterday morning, I weighed 152.8 lbs. I ate my regular stuff, but at about 2:00pm, I was so-o-o-o-o-o HUNGRY!!! After trying to distract myself and drink 32oz of water, I gave in and ate some(alot) trail mix and applesauce. And I ate more than I should have. I did my workout, 1 hour on the treadmill at 4-4.5mph. I ate a light dinner since I knew I had such a big snack. Well, last night I weighed again(even though I shouldn't have). I weighed 151.8 lbs, a whole pound light than I was in the morning!! I know our weight can jump 1/2 - 1 1/2 lbs, but I don't expect to be a pound lighter in the evening. Well no wonder I was so hungry. And this can't be dehydration. I drank over 100oz of water yesterday.

So my question is: Is this just my metabolism kicking back in after being sick for over a week? I went over by 500 calories yesterday, for goodness sakes. Then this morning, I am 151.00 lbs. Should I be taking in more calories. I am at 1200 per day plus exercise calories. I used to not eat my exercise calories, but after reading all the info about it on MFP, I have been trying to eat them. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I know how that can turn out.

I just wondered what ya'll might think about this. I want to be healthy.

Thanks,

Replies

• LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

A little history here is I had lost about 53 pounds and then started to plateau. Needless to say, I was frustrated and then I caught a nasty cold. When I am sick, I do not watch my calories. More often than not, I don't eat much anyway, but I figure you should eat what you need so that your body can heal. Without my exercise calories, I know I went over for several days, but not by alot. Well, I gained about 2 lbs back. Some is probably water retention, but grrrrrrr....:grumble: . Now that I'm feeling better, I have been back to the regular exercising and logging in my food. This has been for about 3 days now.

Now, I know that most of you all do not weigh yourself daily, but I do because it keeps me motivated. Yesterday morning, I weighed 152.8 lbs. I ate my regular stuff, but at about 2:00pm, I was so-o-o-o-o-o HUNGRY!!! After trying to distract myself and drink 32oz of water, I gave in and ate some(alot) trail mix and applesauce. And I ate more than I should have. I did my workout, 1 hour on the treadmill at 4-4.5mph. I ate a light dinner since I knew I had such a big snack. Well, last night I weighed again(even though I shouldn't have). I weighed 151.8 lbs, a whole pound light than I was in the morning!! I know our weight can jump 1/2 - 1 1/2 lbs, but I don't expect to be a pound lighter in the evening. Well no wonder I was so hungry. And this can't be dehydration. I drank over 100oz of water yesterday.

So my question is: Is this just my metabolism kicking back in after being sick for over a week? I went over by 500 calories yesterday, for goodness sakes. Then this morning, I am 151.00 lbs. Should I be taking in more calories. I am at 1200 per day plus exercise calories. I used to not eat my exercise calories, but after reading all the info about it on MFP, I have been trying to eat them. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I know how that can turn out.

I just wondered what ya'll might think about this. I want to be healthy.

Thanks,
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm like you, I weigh daily just to keep up with my body and how it's handling all the exercise/diet/ ect...I have noticed at night sometimes I can weigh 2lbs lighter than morning. It's weird to me after eating dinner I can weigh less than sleeping through the night, waking up to an empty stomach and weigh more!! Also, I've noticed that AFTER I exercise and shower in the mornings, I also weigh about the same as the night before. I think I have water retention at night or something, but you aren't alone! I personally love to weigh daily b/c my body fluctuates so much, but I only record it once a week. Weighing daily doesn't bother me, but I know for some it does. It's just a personal preference:wink: