Amazon Texas transplant suffering love/hate relationship wit

Options
I've been on here for a few weeks and didn't see the point of making "friends" on here at first. But Facebook isn't exactly the kind of community one can look to for Weightloss Support. I let my Facebook get muddled with casual acquaintances, distant coworkers & the like-- not keeping it strictly Actual Family & Real Friends, so I'd feel rather self-centered & silly posting my weight loss goals or progress there. I've got a serious love/hate relationship with that social network, anyway. So here I am, approaching middle-age & fighting my weight like my Mom always did. I watched her fail at every 'fad' diet & at least it can serve as a cautionary tale to me. Glad I live in the age of apps & free web services- this site is really excellent & I've been pleasantly surprised at how helpful it is proving to be.

I'm a Trekkie, an Amazon & a Liberal- add me if you wish!

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: This site is awesome and every victory you make public is celebrated..no one thinks it's self centered around here; just inspiring. This site has made me all but abandon my facebook account. haha Good luck!