Weekends... HELP!

Options
Ok.. so need some advice on how to get through the weekend without undoing all the hard work I put in throughout the week. Suggestions?

Replies

• tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    me too! I had such a great week and feel like I have totally undone it all on Friday and Saturday nights. Alcohol is getting me, but worse than that are the bad food choices i make afterwards!!! How do we do it???
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    My advice is to get a workout in early in the morning. You will feel better and are less likely to want to undue the hardwork.
  • aflaherty
    aflaherty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sometimes I set my goals to maintain for the weekends. it gives you extra calories and though you're not losing, you're not putting back on what you took off. it gives you a bit of wiggle room and a chance to splurge on a few things-just plan it out a bit. and if you go overboard once, forget it and move on and help that motivate you for the rest of the weekend. you can do it!
  • Liss_79
    Liss_79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My problem is getting on here to track it all! I have an app for my phone but STILL slack off! UGH!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I need some help in that area as well...
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I suffer some on the weekends as well :( It is ironic that due to the daily grind - your schedule is so much easier to set isn't it?

I'm working really hard on getting more and more things that are easy to prepare and to have around - once upon a time I had it pretty down pat, but since the move have struggled with it - LOTS of frozen veggie that I can quickly nuke to have on hand for munchies (I find frozen sodium free Green Beans that are JUST warmed through make great little crunchy snacks that are quite tasty for example)...
    Also need to work better on my protein on the weekends... My grill is dead and need to replace it... badly... I used to spend at least one day a week preparing food for the following week - that helped keep me focused on what I was doing and my goals so that I stayed on track better... (hmm sounds like I could use some re-focus as well - thanks for the post hon)
    C.J.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Get workouts in on both days so you will earn yourself some extra calories for indulgences
  • AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too, but remember: if you do vigorous exercise during the week, ALL week, for at least an hour a day, then your body can use one or two days over the weekend to repair and grow firmer.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    I usually work out on weekends to keep the momentum going. I also think REALLY HARD about what I'd like to indulge in for the weekend. Then I allow myself that indulgence (within reason). It also helps to have non-food related plans to keep you busy. Most of my undoing on weekends happens bc I'm bored at home.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You know what? None of us are perfect, and we all are going to flop here and there. So Today is Monday a new week and a new mindset. Lets set a goal today, that this weekend we will stay on track, and we will stay on top of our food journal this week, every day.
    If we meet our goal, we treat ourselves next monday with a snack of our choice. No matter what it is or how many calories it has. And then next week we do the same thing.

I'm in. I think it is a good idea. It gives us something to look forward to.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My Friday night was awful.. Just awful. I got cocky, let my guard down and... well, it was ugly.

Some things that I thought about: How does my schedule change on the weekends? I am such a creature of habit when it comes to eating that if I don't plan what I'm going to have, I forget to eat, get too hungry, and go for the easiest thing, which is too often cookies.

How does my activity level change on the weekends? I have a desk job so I'm much more active on the weekends throughout the days, not just during the workouts. The timing of the calories burned makes a difference. I sleep in some, so I eat more when I wake up.

I had some luck using the same foods I ate during the week, just spacing them out differently. (I log my food according to time slots, not meals, so it makes things a little more consistent to track.)

And I have just a bit more time, so I use it to add 15 minutes or so to really push a cardio session. Seems to help.

Planning, awareness, humility.

Good luck.
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will try what everyone said. I think the most important thing is to prep before the weekend comes. After reading what you all wrote and thinking about my downfall I think it is mostly ease of food. I go non-stop on the weekend and dno't eat until i get the "i'm hungry headache" not on purpose its just happens that way and then i grab whatever is in sight and shove it down my throat. Soooo.. i think my first goal is going to be to keep some "healthy" options near me and focus on grazing on them through out the day.
    Thanks again. You guy ROCK!!!
    Good luck to everyone.
    Oh and peckjr98.. I'm in too :)
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    one thing that really, really, helped this weekend was getting after my water intake. i drank so much water that i totally, and I mean, totally forgot to eat a lunch. it was 6:30 pm and i sat down for 5 mintues trying to remember what I ate after my 7:30 breakfast and i came up with nothing.

also, my kryptonite has been the bbq's and grad parties. i have yet to try this, but i'm goign to make it a point to find out as much as can about the food that is going to be at the party, and make a concious decision to only eat certain things. So a burger, salad and hot dog, and that is it.

AND STAY AWAY FROM SODA AND CHIPS, APPEITEIZERS, ETC.

one thing i did for the first time this week was choose a meal, (for me it was a friday night going away party for a friend) to cheat on and not worry about counting. that way you reward yourself, get it out of the way, and get back on track. i also found myself preparing for that meal friday during the day, i walked extra at work and took it easy on lunch and snacks.
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ok.. so need some advice on how to get through the weekend without undoing all the hard work I put in throughout the week. Suggestions?

PLAN AHEAD!!!!
    You already know you are going to be tempted, so know what you are going to be doing, what your schedule is like, if you are going to be eating out, decide on your choices by checking out the nutrition on the website from that company. Or prepare your meals.
    Keep bars on hand for the munchies, or cut up an apple, dip it in Lemon Juice and carry it with you.
    Plan ahead has worked the best for me!!!!
    Didn't mean to yell, but it is a key issue for "staying on track"!
    You can do it!
    Good luck!
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!
    Good luck!