walking at Disney

Options
Ok, so I just got back from Disneyworld for a big family vacation, 7 days! It was great and all enjoyed. Just wanted to share with you the numbers I found. Decided to wear a pedometer and check for myself. Now keep in mind, I was pushing a double stroller with two 5 year olds part of the time and these parks are not flat. There were lots of hills. Very hot & humid. Unbelievable!! See for yourself.

1st day Magic Kingdom= 17 miles. Keep in mind, we were there 10 am to 1130 p.m, but still!
2nd day Epcot=14 miles (about 10 hrs)
4th day both Water Parks=12 miles, but this included about 3,000 steps. One ride had 87 steps to the top!!
5th day Hollywood Studios=11 miles.
6th day Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom=15 miles.

I did not wear it when we went to Downtown Disney or around the resort itself. I'm gonna estimate that added another 5-10 miles, give or take.
This is a grand total of 79 miles for the week!

Now, I know pedometers are not an exact science, but even if these numbers were half, still pretty amazing. No wonder I was able to eat anything I wanted with no guilt. Got back on the scale this morning...no gain. I had actually lost a pound. WOOHOO!

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great and healthy time! Wish I had been there. :smile:
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! I knew everything about Disney was perfect (;

That's really, really amazing. Disneyworld is huge, so I don't doubt that you did all that walking. Thanks for sharing this.. I'm really impressed by these numbers.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    omfg wow!
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Wish I had remembered my pedometer to know my own numbers. I too lost weight on my Disney vacation with all that walking it's easy to see why.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of walking at Disney in May, but I also did a lot of eating. All those food carts are too tempting.
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hahah Amazing! I recently went to Disneyland for a day...and just for fun added the walking on here. We we're there from 8am- 3pm in that time of "leisurely pace" I burned 1100 cals. I too felt no guilt about the pizza I ate from there when I saw those numbers! ;]
  • rosemarysimpson
    Options
    that is good i wish i could go there and do them things
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I was on the Disney Dining Plan for 2 weeks and I only gained 3 lbs. Also, I used to work at a restaurant at Disney and another waitress wore a pedometer one evening (about a 7 hour shift) and she walked 12 miles that night at work!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    That's it... I am starting a charity weight loss fund for a trip to Disney World... for me. It's my favorite place in the whole world. If only we could afford a honeymoon... we would be going next fall. But alas, adult things come first. We will have to wait!
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I holiday in Disney World, but despite all the walking, I still put on weight from all the eating I do! (Too many yummy restauraunts in the US, sooo glad I don't live there, for the sake of my health lol!)
    It's interesting to see how much walking a Disney holiday actually involves though, thanks for sharing =)