need advice

Options
ok so my goal calorie intake is 1530/day. I go to the gym everyday do the eliptical for AT LEAST 15 min (burns 155 cal) now lately i consume 650 to 950 cal/day and i feel so guilty i can feel the fat on my stomach and i feel my hips getting bigger. but i'm so scared of getting bigger, and if i dont eat than i WILL get fat wont i? so what am i going to do? i'm so confused, advice please

Replies

• dncr8707
    Options
    ok so my goal calorie intake is 1530/day. I go to the gym everyday do the eliptical for AT LEAST 15 min (burns 155 cal) now lately i consume 650 to 950 cal/day and i feel so guilty i can feel the fat on my stomach and i feel my hips getting bigger. but i'm so scared of getting bigger, and if i dont eat than i WILL get fat wont i? so what am i going to do? i'm so confused, advice please
  • dncr8707
    Options
    ...oh and please dont give me a hard time like everyone else does. they just tell me that i'm fishing for compliments or just attention but seriously....anyone?????
  • braphoto
    Options
    Hi there, dont panic, and dont stop eating.
    The worse you can do is stop eating, you must eat at least 6 times a day, 3 main meals, and 3 snacks.
    A good breakfast to get you started, of course count your calories, then middle morning have a snack like and aple or a yogurt, some nuts maybe, JUST FEW!!! then comes Lunch, later on again another healthy snack to keep your metabolism going...and not to late your dinner, and or after work out a protein shake??...you must see your needs ...I havent check your profile or your needs, but this is for everyone trying to lose weight, never starb yourself. Is hard in the beginning because your stomach is used to big ammounts of food, so its feels lik,e you are stil hungry but you are not, is just a sensation,, will go away after a couple of days or a week, your stomach need to get smaller,, and that is not easy....keep going!! You can do this!!!! how many pounds you want to lose??? are you doing any activities or specifics workouts??

good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • braphoto
    Options
    you are eating very little...650 950 calories per day??...mm for how long have you been eating like that??
    if you still feel fat well losing weight is not as fast as we get it....patience
  • dncr8707
    Options
    Thank you so much! i dont really need to loose my bmi is 20. but my body fat % is high. i need to get rid of the fat. i do the elliptical every day, sometimes the bike and/or the step machine. i also do arms, legs abs and stretching.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My I ask you how tall you are?
  • dncr8707
    Options
    6feet tall
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    You say your BMI is 20 now. What BMI are you trying to get down to?
  • braphoto
    Options
    Doing cardio is good, where do you have most of your fat stored??..tummy or legs??...jogging is great for a general tone up, so I will say keep on doing Cardio for 45 min 3 x week plus your weight training and you should see results in a couple of weeks...you must be consistent girl....but don't overdo...
  • dncr8707
    Options
    well i want to keep the same bmi i dont want to go under 19. most of my fat is on my hips (muffin top), lower part of stomach and a little on the thighs. why do i feel so fat. i was reading other posts should i force at least 1200? and why do i feel so guilty about it?
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Yes sweetie you really need to eat the 1200 a day for good health.
    Is someone giving you a hard time about your weight or calling you fat because at a BMI of 20 you are not fat at all.
    If no one is giving you a hard time go have a talk with that woman in the mirror and tell her to stop beating up on you. If someone else is giving you a hard time go kick em. :bigsmile: Just kidding don't go hurt any one just give them the boot out of your business.
    LoJo :flowerforyou:
  • dncr8707
    Options
    Thanks Loretta_Jo. Its just i guess people always discuss their weight so when i give my two sense or try and talk about all of this then they just tell me i'm doing it for attention or that i'm just saying that to be told i'm skinny but thats not it at all. I always feel disgusting. My boyfriend says i'm beautiful and he loves me no matter what but i dont know why i still feel this way.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Listen to your boyfriend hun. He is there looking at you and he is the one that matters not the others that are saying nasty things to you. Ignore them they are the ones with the problem not you.
    I looked at your picture and you look really fit and don’t appear to need to lose anything. My bet is it is just the natural softness that we woman are born with that you are calling fat.
    We were meant to be soft and not rock hard. You don’t want to be too thin. Boney is not pretty and no man wants a bone. The only one that wants a bone is a dog and he buries it. Also no man wants a woman that he has to shake the sheets out to find her. Remember protruding bones poke out and hurt men when they try to snuggle and be close to you. You can get to be too thin and you really don’t want to do that.
    Keep on coming here no matter what you decide to do but do go have a good talk with your boyfriend and stop talking with the others.
    (((Big Hug)))
    LoJo :flowerforyou:

PS....Go check your home page by your picture :wink:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I suggest maybe a little weight training to tone up. You really need to eat at least 1200 calories and I'm guessing with your hight probably more or you will send your body into starvation mode which means you will be lowering your metabolism. If you do a little weight training you will increase muscle which will burn fat.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here dancer, I know it is against everything that you have ever heard, but you have to eat to lose weight...
    O.K. Well you have to eat AND workout to lose weight.
    1200 is a good area to shot for on your intake.
    It will give you the energy you need to DANCE! :smile:
    Weight training will give you the muscle tha you need to burn off extra calories.
    Do you REALLY feel like you gain weight each time you eat? Or am I adding into this. :huh:
    We are not going to get on you dear, We are just concerned. :smile:
    When I was a teen I felt like that, so I got rid of everything that I ate.
    THAT is an eating disorder and it takes a Doctor and study on what your body does to get over that.
    Wer are pulling for you dear! :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I'm sure many of the sites users have tried to deplete caloric intake, unfortunately when you do that you actually start to loose muscle, your body will start to feed itself with the muscle and you will just replace it with fat. Our bodies are made to stay alive, they are very effecient machines when they are fed correctly.

The minimum calories anyone should take in is 1200, you burn about 800 a day just being alive! You need to focus on eatting healthy lean meals and toning your body with strength training, and for god's sake, start to focus on what you like about yourself than a little extra hip size. Women have hips, unless they are drag queens. Nature provided us with a little extra cushion to support pregnancies and carrying infants and children around and most men like a little extra cushion rather than a bag of bones. Start loving what is great about you!!!!
  • cjcj
    cjcj Posts: 6
    Options
    after awhile your weight will plateau because it adjusts to your caloric intake. when your weight does this, it is neccesary to consume more calories thereby triggering your metabolism to burn more.

Strength training will actually help burn more weight because it increases the oxygen level to your muscels. Have you tried incorporating strength training into your workout?

Lastly, be a grazer. Pack healthy snacks to eat between small meals. You should find it easier to bump your caloric intake up to a healthier level and not gain weight.

Be happy, be healthy!
  • lovableditz
    Options
    try fasting it will kick start your diet and many physicians say that fasting is the best way to lose weight. either go on a fast with juice or if your really hard core just do water.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    :noway:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    try fasting it will kick start your diet and many physicians say that fasting is the best way to lose weight. either go on a fast with juice or if your really hard core just do water.

I have never heard this :noway: