Swimming

Options
I am a member of the South West Aquatic Masters team, and I do 1 hour workouts Monday-Friday. Those workouts consist of swimming, kicking, and pulling a mixture of the different strokes. The workouts are different every day, and we also have some time on the wall waiting to hear the next part of the workout.

So, because they are different strokes at different speeds, what do you think is the best way to put that into my exercise on MFP?

Thanks!

Replies

• kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    Hmmmm. I've kinda been wondering that myself. I don't workout as hard as you, but I swim laps of various strokes, too. There is a listing in the data for "swimming, general" but I get the feeling that is not quite the same thing. I imagine a water-proof heart monitor would be the best way to know for sure how many calories we've burned. I hope someone has some better advice.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i'm interested in this as well, i'm by no means as advanced a swimmer as you are, but i definitely would enjoy to incorporate that into my workout
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    The database has a listing for swimming laps but according to the number of minutes you swim. The calories burned in the database are on the high side so for swimming I use 10 x number of minutes swimming. This is not accurate but alot closer than what the database assigns.