Hiking/Climbing/Scrambling interest

Options
I love my MFP friends and I am looking to find ones that also have my biggest interest which is hiking/Climbing/Scrambling!
I am mostly in need big time of motivation but with my Rainier goal coming up in one year and my few climbs at the end of the summer I really need to get my motivation back, get on track and kick some butts! If you think you need a friend like me please add me! haha that sounded cheesy! :tongue:

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'm a hiker and a climber... :)
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm a hiker as well. I will completing my first long 9 hour hike to the summit of Pikes Peak next month!!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    And let me know if you have specific climbs coming up or goal climbs too!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wanting to section hike the Appalachian Trail starting next summer. Bucket list includes hiking and photographing Yosemite backcountry and maybe some trails in the Rockies and Grand Canyon.

I live at sea level, so getting ready is a BIG concern. My husband and youngest son did a trail in Tennessee a couple of weeks ago that was 1,000 ft vertical to 400 yds of trail.
  • rockieschick
    Options
    Wanting to section hike the Appalachian Trail starting next summer. Bucket list includes hiking and photographing Yosemite backcountry and maybe some trails in the Rockies and Grand Canyon.

I live at sea level, so getting ready is a BIG concern. My husband and youngest son did a trail in Tennessee a couple of weeks ago that was 1,000 ft vertical to 400 yds of trail.

I agree sometimes training for things like that are quite challenging.
    I mean the rockies are still close by for me. I am hoping to do a great one called Vision Quest Ridge this weekend!
    All the places you mentioned above are all so gorgeous!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I really wanna do halfdome. :)
  • vglore
    vglore Posts: 9
    Options
    What a terrific goal! With that kind of "carrot" (and the other kind as well), you'll reach it! :)
  • vglore
    vglore Posts: 9
    Options
    What a terrific goal! With that kind of "carrot" (and the other kind as well), you'll reach it! :)
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to summit a Colorado 14er by next summer.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I love to hike and climb. My boyfriend and I live south of Munich, Germany right in the foothills of the Alps so we're super close to a lot of really great hiking and climbing. We're planning a couple 4000m peaks this summer, including hopefully either the Mont Blanc or the Matterhorn.
  • rockieschick
    Options
    Hi there!

I love to hike and climb. My boyfriend and I live south of Munich, Germany right in the foothills of the Alps so we're super close to a lot of really great hiking and climbing. We're planning a couple 4000m peaks this summer, including hopefully either the Mont Blanc or the Matterhorn.

WOW! Amazing!
  • rockieschick
    Options
    I really wanna do halfdome. :)

I was looking at doing that one next time I am in that area. Looks amazing minus the wait up top!