I'm here to HELP!

AshleySeay
AshleySeay Posts: 31 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a trainer at Gold's Gym in Tulsa, OK. I am still in the process of reducing body fat and getting into the shape I want to be. I have watched my and my client's body's transform and I want to reach out and help everyone I can! Please message me with any questions and I'll keep coming with the helpful posts. Here's today's:

My recipe for nutrition and SUCCESS:
These are my tips for a beginner:
-Drink at least 3 liters of water a day.
-Eat 5 servings of fruit AND veggies everyday.
-Limit fried food and cheese.
-Limit processed sugars (soda, cookies, candy)
-Eliminate fatty red meats (steak, hamburger meat)
-Take a multi-vitamin, maybe with an energy supplement or metabolism booster like "One-A-Day Weight Watcher"
-Concentrate on low fat white meats (chicken, fish, turkey) and nuts, peanut butter, or protein supplements like whey powder.
-Milk, cottage cheese and eggs will help convert fat to muscle.
-Eat 5-6 controlled portion, healthy meals a day to keep your metabolism going.

Remember, for everyone that is working out:
Men 1-2 grams of protein per pound you weigh.
Women 1/2 gram of protein per pound you weigh.

Replies

• AshleySeay
    AshleySeay Posts: 31 Member
    I'm a trainer at Gold's Gym in Tulsa, OK. I am still in the process of reducing body fat and getting into the shape I want to be. I have watched my and my client's body's transform and I want to reach out and help everyone I can! Please message me with any questions and I'll keep coming with the helpful posts. Here's today's:

My recipe for nutrition and SUCCESS:
    These are my tips for a beginner:
    -Drink at least 3 liters of water a day.
    -Eat 5 servings of fruit AND veggies everyday.
    -Limit fried food and cheese.
    -Limit processed sugars (soda, cookies, candy)
    -Eliminate fatty red meats (steak, hamburger meat)
    -Take a multi-vitamin, maybe with an energy supplement or metabolism booster like "One-A-Day Weight Watcher"
    -Concentrate on low fat white meats (chicken, fish, turkey) and nuts, peanut butter, or protein supplements like whey powder.
    -Eat 5-6 controlled portion, healthy meals a day to keep your metabolism going.

Remember, for everyone that is working out:
    Men 1-2 grams of protein per pound you weigh.
    Women 1/2 gram of protein per pound you weigh.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Welcome to MFP.
  • when you say 1/2 gram of protein do you mean shakes??
    and what do you recommend?
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

I know that I could surely use the help...so be expecting to hear back from me!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    welcome and Im sure I will be asking for some advice
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Welcome! I go to that exact gym...Maybe I'll see you around! And I'm always needing advice-Thanks for offering your help to everyone!

:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    when you say 1/2 gram of protein do you mean shakes??

I think it means total grams of protein a day. Like a 3 oz peice of steak has 13 grams in it.

I have heard women that are working out can eat up to .75 to 1 gram per pound. I know I tend to build musle better that way. Now I'm not a trainer at some gym, but I've done quite a bit of studying a applying over the years. I think there is no set plan that works for everyone, but you need to find what works best for you.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member

Thanks for the offer of help, I'm sure that we will be asking you lots of questions. Here's my first one:

How does fat convert to muscle??
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    welcome, be sure, you'll b hearing from me:bigsmile:
  • Anna_Banana

Thanks for the offer of help, I'm sure that we will be asking you lots of questions. Here's my first one:

Fat can't actually convert to muscle. You can burn away your fat and build the muscle.
  • when you say 1/2 gram of protein do you mean shakes??

I think it means total grams of protein a day. Like a 3 oz peice of steak has 13 grams in it.

I have heard women that are working out can eat up to .75 to 1 gram per pound. I know I tend to build musle better that way. Now I'm not a trainer at some gym, but I've done quite a bit of studying a applying over the years. I think there is no set plan that works for everyone, but you need to find what works best for you.

Could not have said that better myself! I totally agree :flowerforyou:
  • -Milk, cottage cheese and eggs will help convert fat to muscle.

Fat can't actually convert to muscle. You can burn away your fat and build the muscle.

Anna,

I have always found your comments to be very helpful thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.