Rewards

Options
What reward, if any, do any of you give yourselves for those small/big victories on the scale?? I'm 7.3 lbs from reaching my first milestone of 30 lbs lost since I've started my life change, and I've been contemplating a "pat on the back" reward of getting a new hairstyle. I've heard from many people that you shouldn't do anything, but I thought, "You know, I've earned this!"... I don't get my nails done, I don't tan, and the last time I actually had my haircut was a few weeks ago when I donated 2-12" ponytails to Locks of Love. Before that, I did my own hair. I don't want to buy new clothes, because I don't want to jinx myself! Lol! I have so much more weight to lose, and I just want something to motivate me for the next 30 lbs! :) What would YOU do??

Replies

• taricke7890
    taricke7890 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Maybe a massage could be another treat for your milestones.:smile:
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd get my nails done just I enjoy getting that done.
    You could give yourself a little gift of something other than clothes.
    Something you like/need for a hobby you do, or something for your home you've wanted for a while.
    I just ordered myself a heart rate monitor to keep me motivated and on track!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Anything that isn't food and doesn't break my budget qualify in my book. Small things, like a night off from a chore, personal time to read, rent a movie, bubble bath, etc. are some of the simple things I have done.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I haven't got to a reward yet, but a pedicure was at the top of my list. I would love a massage if I can afford it, but probably just the pedi. My reward for reaching my final goal, oh I hope I have some money then---SHOES!
  • packersdan
    packersdan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am soo close to my first goal, but it was a rather large goal, so I am rewarding myself with a decent reward. Once I lose 65 pounds (2 pounds away) I am going to get my first tattoo. Then once I lose another 20 pounds I am going to go skydiving.

I feel like you should be celebrating the milestones/goals you reach during this journey because you have worked your *kitten* off for it and you should be rewarded! Definitely do something that will make you feel good about yourself!