New here and saying HI.....

tithen_loth_nim
tithen_loth_nim Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
from my exercise bike ironically.....

My name is Ashley and I'm 25. I've been battling with my weight my entire life. As a kid I never stopped, I played sports all year long everything from soccer to swimming. I have ZERO endurance however, and suffer from asthma.

I can walk for hours ( no really, 2 hours a night 4 days a week if I'm not working), but running is out. Lungs cant handle more than a couple hundred meters a day. I've tried going to the gym, but it doesn't seem to help, even my trainer was surprised.

I tore some ligaments in my right foot this year and spent 8 weeks unable to even tolerate the pain enough to walk to the store. In September I gave in and started walking again, and I've just about hit 100km in 45 days! (5k a night ish).

My first goal is to lose 40 lbs. Ive seen 13 go in 5 months, which is very discouraging. BUT, I am down 4 inches in both my hips and stomach, 2 at my ribs and two at my bust. These are encouraging... but the belly fat still exists... and I know that's where my pounds are... stupid fat.

I found this site last night, and I certainly hope it helps motivate me, and gives me new ideas on what to do to get this weight off! Skinny Jeans by summer :D

Replies

• from my exercise bike ironically.....

My name is Ashley and I'm 25. I've been battling with my weight my entire life. As a kid I never stopped, I played sports all year long everything from soccer to swimming. I have ZERO endurance however, and suffer from asthma.

I can walk for hours ( no really, 2 hours a night 4 days a week if I'm not working), but running is out. Lungs cant handle more than a couple hundred meters a day. I've tried going to the gym, but it doesn't seem to help, even my trainer was surprised.

I tore some ligaments in my right foot this year and spent 8 weeks unable to even tolerate the pain enough to walk to the store. In September I gave in and started walking again, and I've just about hit 100km in 45 days! (5k a night ish).

My first goal is to lose 40 lbs. Ive seen 13 go in 5 months, which is very discouraging. BUT, I am down 4 inches in both my hips and stomach, 2 at my ribs and two at my bust. These are encouraging... but the belly fat still exists... and I know that's where my pounds are... stupid fat.

I found this site last night, and I certainly hope it helps motivate me, and gives me new ideas on what to do to get this weight off! Skinny Jeans by summer :D
  • AshleySeay
    AshleySeay Posts: 31 Member
    Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition...

Nobody wants to hear that, but it's so important.

These are my tips for a beginner:
    -Drink at least 3 liters of water a day.
    -Eat 5 servings of fruit AND veggies everyday.
    -Limit fried food and cheese.
    -Limit processed sugars (soda, cookies, candy)
    -Eliminate fatty red meats (steak, hamburger meat)
    -Take a multi-vitamin, maybe with an energy supplement or metabolism booster like "One-A-Day Weight Watcher"
    -Concentrate on low fat white meats (chicken, fish, turkey) and nuts, peanut butter, or protein supplements like whey powder.
    -Milk, cottage cheese and eggs will help convert fat to muscle.
    -Eat 5-6 controlled portion, healthy meals a day to keep your metabolism going.
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Welcome....I love this site and I think it will help you!

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Welcome to MFP, sounds like you are doing well. Keep it up. I tend to lose from the out side in. Like I first noticed weight lose in my hands and feet and face. then my calves and forearms. Next my thighs, hips and chest, Now I'm finally losing in my tummy. Just keep plugging away, you'll get there.
  • Hi my name is LaTisha, i'm 19 years old and I have been fighting weight loss since I have had my daughter, which was 7 months ago. There for a little bit i was down to 129 but then it sky rocketed up to 141 becuase now i am i stay at home mom with nothing to do but clean, take care of the baby, and sit on my butt. Nice to meet you.
  • Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.