I finally did it...I ran for 20 minutes straight!

Options
2»

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! Doesn't it feel good when you blow away your goal like that?? I, too, found it easier to get up to 30 minutes after the 20-minute mark -- and don't get discouraged along the way. I've been jogging forever, and those first 2 miles ALWAYS feel the worst. Everything after that is endorphins!! :)
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Very well done - isn't it such a fantastic feeling?! I'm so pleased for you! :flowerforyou:
  • mardavlais
    mardavlais Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! :)
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Super great! I am giving the C25K a try tomorrow, and it is really motivating to see how successful so many of you were :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats! Keep up the great work hun!
  • felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I managed 15 minutes last week and haven't done it since because I changed my route around. Running is hard on a body, but it's one of those painful addictions (like tattoos). I miss it and crave it now. I'm down 2 pants sizes and 23 lbs. because of it and strength training though. Have you signed up for a 5K yet? Or even just looked around your area for one? It's good motivation. The rush you get being part of a race and hundreds of people is amazing. Good luck and keep up the great work!
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    Well done, you get a brill sense of achievement at hese times.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job! You rock!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Lovely!! Congrats! I'm right behind you. I'm starting C25K today! :)
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!:smile:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    amazing well done!i found 20 mins the breakthrough for me, and now can run upto 35 mins, im adding a couple of minutes more everytime i run. keep up the good work! considering where we started from, we are doing really really well! :)
  • cangi1
    cangi1 Posts: 50
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing the excitement of accomplishing this with me. I don't have much support here with me as I dothis...but with MFP, I get soooo much encouragement!

Thanks again :wink:
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!!! Awesome job! Feels amazing, right? I just hit w5d3 on Thursday, so it's fresh in my mind. I bet you feel extra proud of yourself, and you SHOULD! That's amazing. Good for you, keep it up!
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Its really just something you have to mentally decide on and then do it. So proud of you.
    After being lazy for a long while, last week I said, I'll go for a walk. Then as I stepped outside, I changed my mind, to "why not just run?" I pushed myself and it was the first time I ran the full 2 miles without any walking in between!
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing a phenomenal job! I'm glad I'm not the only one... I do the same thing when I walk for 30 minutes. I cover up the timer so it doesn't feel dragged out. Lol. Best of luck in your running pursuit! :flowerforyou: