Any suggestions on a good low sugar yogurt

Options
I want to redcue sugar and I like vanilla greek yogurt, but I hat plain yogurt unless I use it like sour cream. But they all have a lot of sugar. Did anyone find a lower sugar yogurt or know the acceptable amount of sugar in a yogurt?

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I use plain non-fat greek. But, I always add things to it.... Truvia, fresh fruit, almond butter, sliced almonds, protein powder, etc.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    What about mixing low or sugarfree fruit spread into plain yogurt? I've used a tablespoon of Costco Organic strawberries spread in the past and it's yummy.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon Light & Fit which only has 80 calories, 0 grams of fat, 11 grams of sugar. It's a good serving size, tasty and low in calories.
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Kroger brand called Carbmaster.
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    I mix jam into my plain greek yogurt, you can get sugar free varieties or simply fruit
  • rhiannonlotton
    rhiannonlotton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep - Plain Greek Yogurt with a little Splenda (or whatever you like) is awesome!!!

Just a side note on Greek Yogurt: We've started replacing mayo with plain greek yogurt for multiple things like dips and even tuna fish sandwiches.
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think I will do that and maybe some vanilla and nutmeg?
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Kroger brand called Carbmaster.

The Carrot cake flavor is awesome, and I don't even like carrot cake. Definitely recommend this brand. It also tastes good if you leave it in the freezer for a bit