No progress?

Options
I am finding it really hard not to get discouraged. I have been at this for over five weeks now. Eating under 1,300 calories, exercising 4-5 days a week , uping my cardio time from 30-40 minutes and two days a week of strength training. I am holding steady at my starting weight. I don't get it. I am doing everything right?

I do have a thyroid & pituitary condition and I take meds for those which can hamper me a little bit, but come on...

what gives?

:grumble:

Replies

• momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am finding it really hard not to get discouraged. I have been at this for over five weeks now. Eating under 1,300 calories, exercising 4-5 days a week , uping my cardio time from 30-40 minutes and two days a week of strength training. I am holding steady at my starting weight. I don't get it. I am doing everything right?

I do have a thyroid & pituitary condition and I take meds for those which can hamper me a little bit, but come on...

what gives?

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • skroberts03
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this. do you eat the bonus calories for exercise? or no? i would assume no.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this. do you eat the bonus calories for exercise? or no? i would assume no.

Yes you do. IF you need to know why search the threads, it has been covered quite a bit.
  • momtobe06
    Options
    yep.. I eat my exercise calories- I usually burn 300-375 calories on the treadmill or elliptical- I am usually eating around 1,400 a day- although MFP has me at 1,200

no soda

tons of water
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably going slower for you because you have a relatively small amount of weight to lose. Your body is pretty happy where it is, even if you aren't! I've never actually been that close to my goal weight :grumble: :noway: :laugh: , but I hear that it really gets to be slow going in the last part. I'm barely losing a pound a week and it feels really slow and I have a WHOLE lot more weight to lose. I think it helps to focus more on things like feeling better, having more energy, and knowing that you are helping your body be as healthy as you can be.

Hang in there and don't give up! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

what gives?

I saw your profile you want to lose 15lbs well those 15lbs are a excuse my language a B**CH to lose- people always say just gotta lose these last 5-15lbs --it may take a little longer just stick with it and dont obsess it will drive you crazy literally
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    try calorie cycling. :wink:
  • samster85
    Options
    My family has a history of Thyroid problems as well and it is a little tougher to lose the weight than it is for some other people. But like the others said, hard work and determination. A body will plateau for a while before dropping the weight. And don't forget, it doesn't count a lot but muscle does weigh slightly more than fat so if you have a lot more muscle if could be evening out. You may want to check into it more though because i am not an expert and may be incorrect. GOOD LUCK!
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You may want to change up your eating if you are eating roughly the same thing everyday. You also might want to try doing a different type of workout if you are staying with the same thing. If you keep with same exercise routine your body gets so use to it that you might need to change things up a bit and hope that the last few come off. Good Luck!!!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    also try staggering your calories
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Given your medical issues plus your age (which means you're probably pre-menopausal even if no symptoms as of yet), it is going to be hard to lose. I lost 50 pounds relatively fast but now it's slllloooooowwwwww going. You might want to reduce to 1300 for a bit, try varying your caloric intake, mix up your exercise, keep your body guessing. And have patience! We're not young anymore and everything takes longer at our age.
  • momtobe06
    Options
    Thanks all.. I do feel better in my skin... but still in the same size jeans... It gets hard to keep at it when your not getting any payoff from the scale.

I am not giving up.... but I am frustrated
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Also, with the little you wish to lose, 1/2 pound a week is the max you should be aiming for, so again, it's going to take time. And, is it TOM? Fluid retention? I know that with my pre-men stuff, I'll see nothing on the scale for days and days and days and days and days (get the idea?), then will drop 3 pounds over night. Frustrating? YOU BET!