7/11 Daddy needs a new pair of shoes - P90X

Options
Are you feeling lucky? I am. And hopefully soon I will need new running shoes and some new clothes. If I get my goal weight by next summer I'm thinking about Las Vegas.

I'm going to be running a lot. I am training for my first marathon. I'm only 5 weeks into my training. I haven't worked out in years. I am overweight and also need to do some weight training.

I decided to start P90X. Who's in? The funny thing is that it is exactly 90 days before my first marathon.

I need help, motivation and friends that will keep me going. Want to start today?

Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I also do 1/2 marathons and I am planning on doing a full marathon next year.
    I am a beachbody coach and and I am currently doing p90X. It is a great program. I love it. But it will not be the best thing to do to get you ready for a Marathon. The training and muscles and endurance is much different.

May want to focus on running/wlaking then perhaps P90X after the Marathon
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I started running in April and started p90x around the same time. By the time i finished round 1 of p90x i could run 21km which is half marathon distance in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I had never run before. i tried last year for a week and gave up. I finished the first round of p90x in june. I just signed up for my first marathon September 25th and i am thinking about starting round 2 of p90x. i find that the stretching and yoga in P90x really helps with recovery from long runs.. When i started MFP i was obese, now i am still overweight. hopefully by the time i run my marathon i will be in a healthy BMI range. Good luck with your plan. if you want it bad enough you'll find a way to do it.:smile:
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I would focus on the marathon training and do the P90x videos only 2 - 3 times a week, max.

You haven't worked out in years, but it seems like you want to make up for lost time :-) ..... however, you want to avoid overtraining in general or not getting all your mileage in that you need to because you are still recovering from P90x workouts.

You might want to join a local running group with folks also running a marathon around the same time (or even the one you're doing, if it's a local race) so you can get some training buddies with the same goal.

good luck!