What do thin people do during the day?

Options
2»

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I try to do anything but nothing.

As far as excersize, I only count those difficult things that I do not regularly do. Cooking, cleaning, dishes; no.

Hand washing the floors, cutting fire wood, stacking hay; yes.

And of course regular scheduled excersize. I am lazy, but I try to avoid fattening things like television and excessively cold AC.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    One thing I think is major that I notice about my skinny friends is that they hardly ever finish their plates. I, for one, eat almost everything. It's painful for me to throw away a plate of food that's half full. The other day I did it and it was so sad watching it go in the trash! So yeah, that's my skinny tip - don't eat all the food on your plate, and eat what you like. Skinny people generally don't eat the soggy french fries on their plate, whereas I would chow down on them.

Great observation.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    It really depends... If I am dancing and cleaning I just log cleaning....I only log cleaning if I brake a sweat. If I walk to the gas station down the street I log the slowest walking possible for the time walked there and back and usually only log it if I haven't done a regular work out for the day. I have my activitly set to seditary because I know I mostly sit here on my computer, so when I do clean i usually go all out from floor to ceiling and I don't do it everyday so i consider it to be a small workout. I do however log mowing lawn everytime because damn...that's a work out.lol

I think if I actually cut my grass I would log it too. My DF cuts our grass and he is sweating and exhausted when he finishes. It takes him a good hour and a half of cutting, trimming and edging.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    eat what you like. Skinny people generally don't eat the soggy french fries on their plate, whereas I would chow down on them.
    SO funny and yet so true....
  • hoosiermama1977
    Options
    I have to add though - my "skinny friends" usually eat a LOT worse then I ever did!! and most of them never exercise. My ex husband was extremely thin. He had his drawers at work stocked with little debbie swiss rolls and would eat a box every day or two. That was on top of eating fast food 2-3 times a day, chips, etc.. And when he wasn't working he was watching t.v. (his job was not very active). Most of my female friends who are thin are shocked at how much less I can eat then them. So, I guess maybe it makes more sense to try to eat/move like a HEALTHY person then a thin person alone because thin does NOT always equal healthy!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't count it as extras.. I just upped my lifestyle from sedetary to lightly active.

I always walk to the corner store or park far away when I go to class at the local college and walk to the building.

My fav. sub sandwich place is also opening soon near by and I plan on walking there a lot!