Attention Popcorn Lovers!

Options
2»

Replies

• rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    In 1986, I used to work in an electronics store, back then microwaves were really getting popular. There was an entire line of Rubbermaid microwave dishes including the popcorn popper. I used it for years, it moved three states with me. Of course, I was not always using it-opting instead for the higher fat version. Anyway, I really started using it again last year, and it finally died on me. I thought I was sunk and then too, I found the Nordic Ware version in Target. As you stated it is cheap, works great, and you save both money and calories.
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    In 1986, I used to work in an electronics store, back then microwaves were really getting popular. There was an entire line of Rubbermaid microwave dishes including the popcorn popper. I used it for years, it moved three states with me. Of course, I was not always using it-opting instead for the higher fat version. Anyway, I really started using it again last year, and it finally died on me. I thought I was sunk and then too, I found the Nordic Ware version in Target. As you stated it is cheap, works great, and you save both money and calories.

Awesome! I love it!!! And I love popcorn and this will let me eat more and not feel guilty about so much salt and fat in the prepackaged stuff!!! What do you put on yours?
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i saw the presto brand one on Dr Oz today im gonna be getting one
  • nburns325
    Options
    i saw the presto brand one on Dr Oz today im gonna be getting one

Just be careful with the presto one... you have to use these filter things in them... with the one I got, you don't need a filter or anything, just put the kernels right in the bowl and bam, hot air popcorn in like 2-4 minutes!!! :)
  • ErinB
    ErinB Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kohl's online has it too. I plan to buy one....thanks!
    :smile:
  • nburns325
    Options
    Kohl's online has it too. I plan to buy one....thanks!
    :smile:

Awesome, thanks for that tip, I went to Target last night and they were out of them... I'll have to try Kohl's tonight... I want another one to keep at home (the first one's staying at work!).
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Is it tough like air-popped? Also, in the reviews they complain that it gets really hot. (which kinda makes sense, since your COOKING IN IT!) but just curious!
  • nburns325
    Options
    Is it tough like air-popped? Also, in the reviews they complain that it gets really hot. (which kinda makes sense, since your COOKING IN IT!) but just curious!

Nope, my popcorn was actually pretty light and fluffy... very comparable to prepackaged microwave stuff... And it does get warm, but not too hot to hold. I just grabbed it by the sides when it was done. It retains the heat some though so it keeps the popcorn warm, which is nice, but not too hot. Hope that helps! :)
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have one but have not used it yet. Now I won't be able to eat popcorn for at least 6 weeks - having my wisdom teeth removed.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Nope, my popcorn was actually pretty light and fluffy... very comparable to prepackaged microwave stuff... And it does get warm, but not too hot to hold. I just grabbed it by the sides when it was done. It retains the heat some though so it keeps the popcorn warm, which is nice, but not too hot. Hope that helps! :)

Mmmmmm light & fluffy! I must check this out!! :-) Thanx!