Kinda scary!

Options
This may not make sense to a lot of people, but does anyone else find that losing weight can be scary for them! I have been overweight since I hit puberty and can't really even remember being a normal weight. As I am approaching my lowest weight that I can remember, I am feeling a little overwhelmed by this.

I start going on the what ifs... What if my bf and I end up breaking up b/c I will be so different? What will I do when I get more attention from men? (This is the hardest one for me b/c of some past problems.) What if I never feel good about my weight? How will my friends and family react? Etc, etc, etc! :mad:

I'm trying to keep it together, because this is usually the time when I stop losing. It is exactly the same time when I start to notice my body is changing.

Can anyone relate? :cry:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    This may not make sense to a lot of people, but does anyone else find that losing weight can be scary for them! I have been overweight since I hit puberty and can't really even remember being a normal weight. As I am approaching my lowest weight that I can remember, I am feeling a little overwhelmed by this.

I start going on the what ifs... What if my bf and I end up breaking up b/c I will be so different? What will I do when I get more attention from men? (This is the hardest one for me b/c of some past problems.) What if I never feel good about my weight? How will my friends and family react? Etc, etc, etc! :mad:

I'm trying to keep it together, because this is usually the time when I stop losing. It is exactly the same time when I start to notice my body is changing.

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    hey there :) My only what ifs are like "What if I'm bored when I'm at a normal weight?" "What will I obsess about?" lol Having lost 60lbs (give or take, up and down) I for one think it's a phenomenal feeling to be hit on, bragged about and spoiled rotten with compliments! :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I can relate and as someone who has reached their goal, I can confidently tell you that all of the fears you have really aren't so scary. Your world will change for the better, believe me you. You'll look great, feel great and you will feel that you can finally be the very best you can be. It will be worth it!

While attention from men is sorta nice, just remember that men will ogle no matter what you look like anyway. They will just ogle a little more. Just remember to be happy for who you are and be confident in yourself. Your boyfriend will see nothing but positive changes in you! I'm sure he will be thrilled.

Just remember...this isn't a diet, but a lifestyle change. Everything will fall into place and you will be a much happier person for accomplishing your goal.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I can relate and as someone who has reached their goal, I can confidently tell you that all of the fears you have really aren't so scary. Your world will change for the better, believe me you. You'll look great, feel great and you will feel that you can finally be the very best you can be. It will be worth it!

Just remember...this isn't a diet, but a lifestyle change. Everything will fall into place and you will be a much happier person for accomplishing your goal.

Thank you! That is a very good thing to hear. I have been secretly hoping it would workout this way, but it is nice to know that it has for someone else. :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    You are so welcome.:heart:

Everything will be fine. Scouts honor.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

You will be fine-- Dont let your negative thoughts stop you from hitting your goal-- You will feel so much better losing the weight-

I have already lost 30lbs prior to MFP I am actually almost near my original goal weight but I have decided to up the anty ( dont know if thats spelled right) I like that my husband picks me up and puts me on his shoulders again I wasnt always overweight I let myself go after having my kids and getting the depo shot I stopped getting dressed I started to get real frumpy only wearing sweat pants and mens shirts that was never me I always dressed in cute fitted clothes I lost myself for awhile actually a couple of years to be honest and losing this weight is helping me become myself again- and you will become the new and improved you- your boyfriend will be happy with the new you and if he isn't then it wasnt meant to be--just stick with it and enjoy losing the weight and being able to go shoppin and get smaller sizes--
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Sort of differently though... I feel extremely uncomfortable when men look at me. I know that sounds weird but I do. So these day, being thinner and more attractive, I find myself actually dressing down a lot more than I used to. Fiance wants to see me in tight jeans and dresses and I float around in sweats :laugh: I have my reasons, which aren't at all pleasant, and I don't think it's as weird as it sounds. I'm trying to get over it. The thing is I'm doing this for myself. My health, and so that I can make beautifufl, healthy babies someday soon. Yes, I want to look amazing on my wedding day and yes I want to be sexy for my future husband, but as far as I'm concerned, nobody else even has the right to look.

I am me. I was me at 209 lbs, I am me at 160 lbs and I will still be me at 150 lbs. :flowerforyou: