Foods to help lose weight

2»

Replies

• bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    I love skinnytaste.com, too. There's a ton of really good recipes. I've made the carnitas, the cilantro lime rice, Santa Fe chicken, spinach lasagna roll-ups, pasta fagioli, and minestrone (probably more, these are just off the top of my head) and loved them... and so did my non-weight watching husband.

Fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats...
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    I eat so much chicken, I'm worried I may grow feathers :-) Seriously, though, it's cheap, it tastes good, and you can make it so many different ways that I never get sick of it. Oven "fried" chicken is my favorite - I take a boneless skinless chicken breast, spray it with a quick blast of cooking spray, and toss it in crushed up corn flakes mixed with herbs, Bake that for 30-40 minutes at 375* and you've got a tasty treat. WAY fewer calories than the deep-fried version, too!
  • My new favorite for dinner is an egg white frittata with spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese. Great post work out dinner and when you need a low cal meal. Lunch is a huge salad with home made vingerette, add a protein like nuts, crab, shrimp or chicken. Your key to healthy dinners and lunches is lean proteins, chicken and fish and all the veggies and fruit you can stomach. Healthy grains like quinoa are good.
  • I agree salads can get really old fast. Grilled items are better than fried. Chicken, turkey and fish are the best. Red meats and pork products have more fat in them. Lots of fruits and veggies. Wraps made with lettuce instead of tortillas.
    I have personally given up all starches/bad carbs for the time being. No rice, potatoes, pastas, breads, etc. It seems to be working really well.
    This site is awesome and it will really help! Good luck to you! You can do it!
This discussion has been closed.