Simple Delicious Dinner Ideas

Options
I often don't feel like spending a long time on dinner. So I'd love some ideas for simple but delicious dinners I can make in under 20 minutes. I eat a lot of veggies, fish, and chicken - but need new ways to prepare them. What I'm doing is pretty simple and getting a bit boring.

Tonight I'm pretty excited because I'm 'indulging' in pizza (I've been craving it for weeks). I'm going to use 2 large La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low Carb wraps (12g fiber EACH!) as the crust, layered with a bit of cheese between them. On top a bit of low-sodium spaghetti sauce, more cheese, and veggies. Yum! Takes about 8 minutes to bake (at 350).

So...what are YOUR simple and delicious dinner ideas! Please share :)

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Soup,salad and sammiches!
  • JenDOhio
    JenDOhio Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm going to make this! Thanks for the idea.
  • sagisun1969
    Options
    Tofu, green onions and cracked black pepper sauteed in soy sauce!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    I love skinnytaste.com...seriously yummy stuff!!! Some of its really simple, some is more time invested , but you are sure to find something!!
  • AJDL
    AJDL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love baking talapia with salsa. We just throw the fish in a sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with Pam. Make sure the sheet is large enough to wrap over the fish. Top with your favorite salsa, even homemade. Then, we grill the "package" for about 10 min, or it can be baked at 350 for 20- 25 min. It's tasty, and good for you.
  • swfell129
    swfell129 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sign up for a daily e-mail like from Real Simple magazine; you get a recipe a day and then adapt it to fit your preferences and adjust for low-cal if necessary. I find a lot of good recipes and ideas. Also, find fresh ingredients at the store and then find a recipe to fit by googling the ingredients. My favorite way to mix things up is to grill them on the stove-top with a cast iron grill pan. I put the fish/chix and fresh vegetables on the same pan at different times. That way there's only one pan to clean, too.
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    My husband and I love baking talapia with salsa. We just throw the fish in a sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with Pam. Make sure the sheet is large enough to wrap over the fish. Top with your favorite salsa, even homemade. Then, we grill the "package" for about 10 min, or it can be baked at 350 for 20- 25 min. It's tasty, and good for you.

I will be trying this tomorrow! I happen to have some tilapia in the freezer, and I went out tonight and raided the produce section for salsa ingredients. I plan on making salsa after work tomorrow........so this will definitely be my first recipe using the salsa! Thanks!

And thanks to everyone else for the ideas...keep them coming!
  • Eliz37042
    Options
    That sounds awesome!
    I can never get a good taste with the Talipia, and this is an awesome idea!
    Thanks!
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i JUST had this yesterday! smart and delicious wrap with whole grain rye, 2tbsp tomato sauce, 1/4c mozerrella, 2tbsp olives, 1/2c mushrooms, 1 clove garlic, 1/4c onions, 1/4 cp spinach, nom nom nom!! gmta;) i am also interested in this thread. im becoming bored with my menu.