What are your squat and bench goals?

Options
So I'm curious to see how other people set their goals for two of the most popular lifts. Currently, my personal goal is to squat my bodyweight (then add on from there) and bench half my bodyweight (and go from there).
For some reason these stuck in my head as good and reasonable goals for a woman. Feel like if i can say "I could squat myself", thats pretty good. But worried i might be setting the bar a little low. What do y'all think?
** Note- I squat and bench with the free-weight barbell, like "the big boys" ;) **

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You goals sounds great. Not sure that there's ever a certain perfect goal. Too many different body types and mass.
    You'll know when you feel good and like the way your body looks.
    Good luck!
  • SeattleLady
    Options
    I'm not sure about goals. I dead lift about 155 now but I just started. Bench is at 91 (Not quite half my weight) . Also use the bar and free weights.... would love to see the responses.

-R
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    For me my goals are to squat my weigh x2 and bench at least my weight. I'm new to the compound lifts, but I'm loving the squats!
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I need to step up my game I guess! I use dumbbells instead of the big bar because it felt super uncomfortable to me when I tried squatting with the bar. I use 2 30s for my squats and lunges but im sure I could add more. I would really like to figure out how to use the big bar without it hurting my shoulders. I do stiff legged deadlifts withthe big 100 pound bar so im sure I could squat that if I tried.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Well today I met my bench press goal! So I guess it was too easy :P
    And I'm only 10 lbs from my squat goal, hoping by months end :)
    I know that for men a typical goal is squat double your body weight and bench your body weight. Maybe 1.5 body weight on squat and .75 body weight on bench will be my next big goal.... Hmmm?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    *misses squats* Every time I've tried, the pressure it puts on my spine irritates my bulged discs. Currently I'm doing 450 on the 45 Degree Leg Press, though I know it's a lot easier to use more weight with that than it is a squat.