ANY OTHER HALF VEGETARIANS OUT THERE??

Options
mamagooskie
mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
So I am a full vegetarian (not vegan) but my hubby and kids are not.

However my daughter comes up to me yesterday and informs me that she is actually half vegetarian.....so I ask her what a half vegetarian eats......she says:

MEAT AND VEGETABLES!!! :bigsmile: :laugh:

Replies

• jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    That's adorable. How did you and your husband decide not to raise them vegetarian? My fiance and I are still figuring this one out. :)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    *waves* definitely an Omnivore! :embarassed: :laugh:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my children. They insist they are vegetarian, but they both eat ham sandwiches when out with their father.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    hehehe that is so cute :)
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That's adorable. How did you and your husband decide not to raise them vegetarian? My fiance and I are still figuring this one out. :)
    Let them decide for themselves.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    lol well I hear some people are half-vegetarians... they eat meat occasionally, which I think is good
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    I was vegetarian when I met my hubby 13 years ago but began to eat meat again, and so when the kids were born we all ate meat. I only just became vegetarian again 2 months ago and I am leaving it up to my kids to eat what they want. My kids love veggies dogs and they always ask to taste my veggie foods, but if they want meat I won't stop them.

I'm just going to offer them a variety of bean, lentil, tofu and meatless dishes in addition to the regular meals they eat and they can decided what they like best.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious!!! I guess I'm a half vegetarian too, I eat chicken and fish but not beef or pork and we eat vegetarian meals approx 5 days a week. Having a multi-diet family gets complicated. I usually cook beef for my husband and daughter once per month because they like it and I want my daughter exposed to a variety of food so that she can make her own decisions.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian and my husband was an avid meat-eater. We raised our two girls and let them have anything, but by the time they got to be around 5 years old and they could understand what they were eating, they both switched to being vegetarians. They are now 7 and 8 years old.

Last month my husband and I watched the movie "Forks Over Knives" (and then I read "The China Study"). From the moment we left the theater, our entire family switched over to a whole foods/plant based diet (i,e. low-fat vegan). I was shocked that my husband was convinced, but this movie was very compelling. I think we all enjoy our food now more than ever. I kept my caloric intake the same as before the switch, but now I am losing two pounds a week rather than one, so I think it also kick-started my metabolism.

Even my milkaholic daughter is enjoying her almond milk and dark chocolate. And the soy ice cream bars are as good as the real thing.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    My children prefer almond milk to cows. I don't think drinking another animal's milk is natural. I find the idea a bit creepy (though I do, but I am grossed out by myself!).
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    lol well I hear some people are half-vegetarians... they eat meat occasionally, which I think is good

then you get the meatetarians, that don't eat veggies at all!! LOL
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    My children prefer almond milk to cows. I don't think drinking another animal's milk is natural. I find the idea a bit creepy (though I do, but I am grossed out by myself!).

I prefer almond milk as well it's all I drink and my kids like it, but I still by cows milk for them, but I might switch completely to almond milk.
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    oops double post
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options

Those are the carb-allergists. "Can't eat carbs. Carbs = death and obesity." Bah. Bah, I say.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    thats so cute!!! lol i suppose I am now a half vegetarian....I try to have most of my meals be vegetarian and just meat at dinner. I was a vegetarian for the last 4 years up until a couple months ago, I decided to go low carb/primal.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

The ones that kill me are the ones who say "I'm a vegetarian but I don't like vegetables or fruit. Can I take enough supplements for that?"
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options

However my daughter comes up to me yesterday and informs me that she is actually half vegetarian.....so I ask her what a half vegetarian eats......she says:

Awww!!

PS: That Iron Fist bikini is awesome! Congrats, you look great!
  • mamagooskie
    Options

The ones that kill me are the ones who say "I'm a vegetarian but I don't like vegetables or fruit. Can I take enough supplements for that?"

LOL.......crazy!
  • mamagooskie
    Options

Awww!!

PS: That Iron Fist bikini is awesome! Congrats, you look great!

Thanks! I love Iron fist! I even have the high heels and flats to match!